Kindle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this a typical problem?

Is it happening from me trying to get it to secure in the cover (which is a PIA)?

It seems evertime I lift up to turn on/off power or whispernet, I find that the back cover is not attached.

This is not the end of the world, but somewhat annoying.

·
Registered
788 Posts
You're not securing it properly. I took off the back cover to look at it back there and found that when I put it back on, it didn't secure all the way. Make sure both sides (top and bottom) are secure before attempting to put it back in the cover.

Personally I've had 0 issues with the cover, so I can't help you there.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
mine battery cover came loose once when I removed the kindle from the cover and then put is back in... has not happened since.

·
Registered
167 Posts
My back cover used to come off when I was using the original cover with velcro. I finally gave up and bought a new one, I was afraid I was going to break it.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Mine was always falling off too.  specially when i was carrying an sd card that wasn't fully inserted (was in the sd slot, but not down enough to register on Kindle).  I finally broke and bought an M-edge cover and haven't had a problem since.  I think part of the problem may have been the tab thing that is supposed to hold Kindle in it's original case. 

Hope this helps.

rla1996 

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had that problem at first too.  Honestly, you don't even need velcro for your Kindle to stay in the original cover just a lot of patience. Hang in there!

·
Registered
66 Posts
quickfics said:
Nothing four nails and Gorilla Glue doesn't solve.
Nails!?! Gorilla Glue!?! What kind of barbarian are you?!?
EVERYONE knows that you are supposed to use drywall screws and duct tape! ;)

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Here in the midwest we use duct tape.  It matches well, too.  Might also try denture adhesive,  I always have a supply of that onhand.

·
Super Moderator
67,319 Posts
No, but, seriously. . . .as someone mentioned, make sure the cover is properly seated.  And if you bend the tab (on the cover) up a little bit, it's easier to get the Kindle to latch on to it.  Slide it into the two 'corners', bend the cover back a little and you'll feel it click in.

But if you have need or desire to be taking it in and out of the cover a lot the plastic tab will wear, maybe even break.  So you might want to research more secure options.  I had no problems with the stock cover but the elastic got stretchy and I hate that (even more than velcro) so I got an M-edge which holds it securely at 4 corners.

good luck.

Ann

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks,
The cover is definately in completely.
I will try pulling the tab up a bit.

It was a huge leap in buying my Kindle for myself. My heart couldn't take another large purchase right now.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts