Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be away from the board for a bit as I go in for arthroscopic knee surgery.  Should be done in a few hours, but somehow I don't think I'll be feeling like browsing the boards when I come back.  So, have fun and don't buy any accessories I wouldn't buy!!!  But if you find some new really good stuff, be sure to post about it so I'll have something to look forward to.  I think Eleanor the Kindle needs a post surgery present, tee-hee.    8)

Betsy

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Good luck, Betsy and see you soon! I'll keep an eye on the shoppers in your absence....

L

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Good luck Betsy, I may be in your position soon  :-[

·
Registered
771 Posts
Betsy -

Make sure that you prop up Eleanor's leg. All the best and I will be thinking about you today!

SEM

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Wishing you a speedy recovery Betsy... been there, done that myself! Just remember to listen to the doctor!!  :)

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
My husband had knee surgery just about two years ago... He only hobbled for a few days, so I have high hopes for a quick recovery for you as well!

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wow, you all are too kind!!!!

I'm all verklempt!  Wait a minute while I get a tissue.

It went well, apparently!  I slept most of yesterday evening.  I can do full weight bearing as tolerated.  I had a torn meniscus, the torn edge was shredded so he trimmed it; Dr Saddler said there was plenty of meniscus left.  I see him this afternoon and then on to therapy tomorrow.  Ouch!

Eleanor the K is recovering well too.  We're both propped up and under the influence of very good meds!  And now for a post surgery gift for Eleanor...  any ideas?  Found any new kool Kindle stuff?

Thanks again, y'all!

Betsy

Betsy

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
chynared21 said:
Yikes...I hope I didn't miss you!!! Best wishes for a speedy recovery and you made me LOL about not buying any accessories that you wouldn't buy ;-ppp
Sort of leaves the field wide open, doesn't it!

LOL!

Betsy

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Jen said:
Good luck Betsy, I may be in your position soon :-[
Sorry to hear that, Jen! Keep us posted! From people I've talked to and the comments on the board, sounds like it's worth it!

Betsy

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Wheezie said:
I hope you are feeling better. I missed it that you were having surgery. I must have been slacking on the board.
Just curl up with your Kindle and your meds.
Lettie
Thanks, Lettie!

Kindle+meds=post surgery happiness! ::)

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Welcome back Betsy. Glad all went well. I didn't like the phyical therapy at first, but I came to look forward to it. My PT's were awesome and when all was said and done, it was like having a new knee!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts