Kindle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the back matter of my books I usually have a short About the Author, a list of my other books, a link to sign up for my mailing list, a request for reviews, my email address, links to various social media sites that I haunt, and then the copyright page.

My question is, do most of you write the back matter material in 1st or 3rd person? I have been writing it in 3rd person, which I think sounds better for the about the author, but when it comes to requesting reviews and informing readers of my mailing list, 3rd person sounds so impersonal. Should I switch it around or maybe mix and match?

·
Registered
7,615 Posts
I do all mine in third person. There isn't a lot of stuff in my back matter as of yet, my author bio is really short, as is my "call to action" where I list my new releases link and the request for a review.

I don't think it sounds too impersonal, but I could be wrong. I often am. ;)

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Lummox JR said:
I write the afterword and acknowledgments in first person. My author bio is in third person.
I was about to say the same thing. It's what I felt the most comfortable doing as I wrote them. If you're comfortable doing it another way, do it that way.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Lummox JR said:
I write the afterword and acknowledgments in first person. My author bio is in third person.
That's what I do, as well. I'm pretty sure that's standard. I just went through a random selection of my (ridiculously large) collection of others' books, and all follow that format, as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts