Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just thinking...

If so many people are unhappy with their Kindle after buying one (and not doing any research) as evidenced by the Amazon boards...

do you think there will be lots of returns from people who bought them because "THE OPRAH" told them to?

Does it matter?

Like I said... just a random thought.

Jim

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"I do not think that word means what you think it means."  -I. Montoya ;)

Reading the Amazon boards, you get the impression that every third person is unhappy... without backlighting etc.

Or maybe the happy ones are too busy reading to complain!!!

I'm not saying... I'm just sayin' :-\

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
EyeMc said:
"I do not think that word means what you think it means." -I. Montoya ;)
You have to read the Princess Bride thread :p

Welcome aboard EyeMc...glad to have you here! The thing about the Amazon boards...people don't take the time to do their own research, such as reading the entire product description. Had they done so, many of their "questions" wouldn't have had to been asked in the first place.

I really credit Leslie and others for keeping their cool when asked for the 1000th time whether or not it was backlit :p

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
(I have read the Princess Bride thread... Still giggling (as are my kids).

I was just thinking.. if all those unhappy people would return their unwanted Kindles; Shipping problem solved!

(I just noticed... now up to 3-4 weeks).

I think that some of the "unhappies" must work for Sony. ;)

G

·
I dont own one ...yet but it's ordered...I am still happy so far.  I have read everything I can find about it.  I even checked to make sure Whispernet was in my little town.  It is, go 9 miles NE and yo are out of luck ..:(

Akkk!!! they can't increase the shipping times until after they send me mine...the bas7^3|)s!!!

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Someone here started a poll and not one person has regretted their purchase and would buy the Kindle again. I do think we are a happy bunch of users. I am sure there are people who quietly return their Kindle within the 30 day return period and that's that. They don't talk about it and the vast majority of them don't complain.

From where I sit, it seems that many people have the seem experience I did: worrying about spending so much money on a gadget for reading books and then after it arrives, saying to myself, "Why didn't I do this sooner?"

L

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Leslie said:
From where I sit, it seems that many people have the seem experience I did: worrying about spending so much money on a gadget for reading books and then after it arrives, saying to myself, "Why didn't I do this sooner?"

L
I'll second that especially since I was lucky enough to get the $100 discount.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Just think of all the unhappy Boy Genius readers who are suddenly realizing (or not so suddenly they may be a bit slow)  that internet rumors, santa claus, and the tooth fairy aren't so real after all.  Perhaps we should take up a collection in order to start an educational fund for the Boy Genius University of Critical Thinking and Responsible Reporting?  Naw, too busy reading...  ;D

·
Registered
11 Posts
I can't believe I waited almost a year to buy one!  It is soooo easy to use and I love not having to have to bring a suitcase full of books when I travel. 

That said, I do have a friend who is going to "donate" hers to her daughter and use the iphone instead (I think she is crazy). 

·
Registered
273 Posts
There are many pepole that just like to stir up trouble wherever they can.  I really think that 95% of the ones that complain about Kindles don't even have one.  I agree with Leslie that there are a few that do return theirs but they are the ones who are missing out.

·
Registered
67 Posts
[I think those who do not read a lot will be very disappointed. My best advice for any new kindle user would be read 3 books before mucking around with the other features. If they use if for reading they will like it. If they want to surf the web or use it as a GPS device they will not like it.

·
Registered
829 Posts
I can not imagine life without my Kindle.  The sky would not be as blue, the air would not be as fresh, the sun would not be as bright and my smile would not be as happy.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Kirstin said:
I can not imagine life without my Kindle. The sky would not be as blue, the air would not be as fresh, the sun would not be as bright and my smile would not be as happy.
Word.

Okay, I own an iPhone which I lurvvvvvve and there's NO WAY that I would go from reading on my Kindle to reading on the iPhone. That's just crazy talk. Maybe she thought her daughter needed a Kindle for school or whatever and she was being self-sacrificing until she could afford another one? ???

And what kind of wackadoodle buys a $350 gizmo simply cuz Oprah says so? I can only think that the "unsatisfied customers" on the Amazon boards are simply trolls who enjoy causing a ruckus.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Look at almost 100 percent of the negative review of the Kindle. All of them are either not reviews, or fake reviews by people who don't own a kindle. The "unsatisfied customers" are a crock.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Well, there is one unsatisfied customer out there in the world...I know, because I bought a used Kindle from her!

But she was very gracious about the whole thing and didn't bash the Kindle. She just said she realized it wasn't the right device for her. She realized that she preferred reading paperbooks. Now, I know that is hard to believe, but that is what she told me. LOL.

She sold it used because she was beyond the 30 day return. She really did try to give it a fair shake and in the end decided not to keep it.

L

1 - 20 of 31 Posts