Kindle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Guinea Pig still has a ship date of Mar 4 -12, 2009 and I still haven't received the email telling me I am going to be happy. LOL

L

·
Registered
7,164 Posts
Sherlock said:
Amazon updated the backorder time down to 2 to 4 weeks today!
Those dates still match the ones I was given when I ordered at the end of November. If new orders will ship in 2-4 weeks, the back orders may ship a few days earlier. If the Kindles are crossing the ocean in standard shipping containers, then each container could hold between 1000 and 5000 Kindles each (estimating 2 Kindles per cubic foot and standard container sizes ranging between 560 cu ft to 2660 cu ft). I wonder how many container loads of Kindles are arriving and how many Kindle orders will be processed each day?

I also have not received the e-mail telling me that I am going to be happy. LOL. However, I will now be away from home from Feb 14 - 23. (DH will be home so my Kindle would be safe if it arrives while I am gone. :) ) If my Kindle arrives a little early, I still won't see it until Tuesday evening Feb 24. I am certainly hoping I will be very happy on Feb 24. Of course if it arrives before Valentine's Day, I will be extremely happy. ;D

·
Registered
320 Posts
Annalog said:
(estimating 2 Kindles per cubic foot and standard container sizes ranging between 560 cu ft to 2660 cu ft). I wonder how many container loads of Kindles are arriving and how many Kindle orders will be processed each day?
At least waiting is good for math skills, I love how much though you have put into this. :) To bad you may not be there to welcome your K.

Here's hoping they will ship soon,
LSbookend

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
ELDogStar said:
Waiting,
waiting,
waiting,
waiting,
waiting...

For the worms.

Eric
Amazon must be selling tons of these Kindles.

·
Registered
7,164 Posts
LSbookend said:
At least waiting is good for math skills, I love how much though you have put into this. :) To bad you may not be there to welcome your K.

Here's hoping they will ship soon,
LSbookend
Thinking about the contents of standard shipping containers is a side effect of DH and I being model railroaders. Standard shipping containers go from ship to train and we model trains. (Next time you wait for a freight train with shipping containers, check to see if there are cars with a long shipping container on top of two smaller containers.) :) It did not take long to find the range of standard container sizes and having studied photos and videos of Kindle unpacking provided the estimate of the Kindle box size. ;) Finally I rounded the estimates down. I would rather use my math skills than speculate on K2 prior to details directly from Amazon. ;D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts