Kindle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a new backpack that has both a padded compartment for a laptop and my Kindle, plus enough space in a separate storage area for my gym clothes plus a towel -- all while be amazingly comfortable, stylish (in a manly way), and especially durable. Any suggestions?

PS: And preferably under US$100

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I went back to college in my old age. I see lots of students walking around with backpacks with a North Face logo, but I have no idea what's inside. The backpacks look well made and on the classy side.

Edited to add here's one by North Face, $89, with a padded compartment.

http://www.thenorthface.com/catalog/sc-gear/equipment-daypacks/borealis-backpack.html?from=subCat&variationId=KY4&cm_mmc=Google-_-ProductListingAds-_-ProductTerms-_-The+North+Face+Borealis+Backpack&gclid=CjwKEAjwxKSoBRCZ5oyy87DimEcSJADiWsvgua8NwUcms-6cpl_ItpoC-wpCbYOTfoxha_1bFzeezxoC3Urw_wcB

·
Registered
483 Posts
By far, the best ones I've found were Everki brand. They have excellent customer service, and my bag has criss-crossed America and Europe, protecting my laptop and iPad with ease. They have lots of different models, definitely check them out. They are designed for the tech lover, with protection in mind. Highly, highly recommend this brand.

·
Registered
10,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ended up going just a bit over the $100 mark, but I think this one is pretty close to what I'm looking for:

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
NogDog, that's a handsome backpack. Love the color. I think I might get one, too. Beth, those Everki backpacks are gorgeous.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I'm a full time student and have to bring my computer plus scrubs and hoodie with me pretty much everyday (and walk up a gigantic hill to get to class I might add) and I love my bag:

·
Registered
10,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
HAGrant said:
NogDog, that's a handsome backpack. Love the color. I think I might get one, too. Beth, those Everki backpacks are gorgeous.
Those Everki packs do look like great travelers, but somehow the idea of stuffing one into a locker at the gym just seemed wrong. :)

·
Registered
9,639 Posts
Ive used Lowepro bags and backpacks for camera equipment and laptop/tablet, and been happy with them. I don't have specific model recommendations.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I've had so many backpacks that have come apart over the last few years, i finally broke down and spent $300 on a nice camelback tactical pack.

It's hard to find something that will hold up for a while.  I'd just keep scanning amazon until you find something with great reviews.  I'd love to know what you finally end up with.

·
Registered
10,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
EthanRussellErway said:
I've had so many backpacks that have come apart over the last few years, i finally broke down and spent $300 on a nice camelback tactical pack.

It's hard to find something that will hold up for a while. I'd just keep scanning amazon until you find something with great reviews. I'd love to know what you finally end up with.
See reply #4. :)

I can get my work computer in there, with room for a tablet or Kindle, towel and gym clothes (and shoes if I scrunch a bit) in the main compartment, and assorted other thingies in the outermost compartments (including my umbrella in the bottle pouch on the side).

·
Registered
549 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Cool backpack, you'll have to keep us informed on how it holds up over time.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
I originally found this company on here as a maker of Kindle sleeves, but three years ago I ordered my son a backpack for college, as the ones we'd gotten from the local stores hardly ever lasted a year for him. The one I bought him from Timbuktu is still going strong. Not a stitch has come loose and zippers still work beautifully.

http://www.timbuk2.com/

BTW, their padded sleeves are awesome, too.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
You can't go wrong with a North Face product, although I think you pay a lot for the name.  Very cool looking pack, Noggie.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts