Kindle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every time a topic talks about the replacement battery, everyone is always waiting for theirs (including me). Has anyone ever actually gotten a replacement battery?

Steve

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know there is still a backorder now. But my question still stands. Has anyone EVER gotten the battery - last month, 6 months ago, a year ago. I've never heard of anyone EVER getting their battery, even if ordered a year ago. Has it ever really been available?

Steve

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
In May
When I ordered my kindle I also ordered a battery and it came the same time.
I never used it.  How long can they last if you never charged it ?

G

·
tessa said:
In May
When I ordered my kindle I also ordered a battery and it came the same time.
I never used it. How long can they last if you never charged it ?
I would say virtually indefinitely. Just don't let it get wet....or feed it after midnight.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Vampyre said:
I would say virtually indefinitely. Just don't let it get wet....or feed it after midnight.
I don't think that is true. Even plain old AAs have an expiration date, and I know some who are much more familiar with the various kinds of batteries than I have said that they will degrade over time.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I'd buy a spare Kindle battery if there was a way for me to charge it, and keep it charged, without installing it in the device. However, my personal circumstances make it unlikely that I'll discharge the original battery past the functional limit before I can plug it into the charger.....

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
I think I will wait to buy a new battery when I have to resort to reading the kindle while constantly plugged into the outlet!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Okay, this answered my questions as to whether I needed to purchase a backup battery to have on hand. I'd seen some rumblings on the Amazon boards that some Kindle batteries quit re-charging after a while. That had me worried, but after reading this I'm good, don't think I'll bother purchasing the backup, especially since I've got a travel charger as well.

Nemo

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.