Kindle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I have been a bad newbie and didn't post an into. I am Modkindle. Female and fast approaching 40 but look early 30s and act 25.  ::)

I have been lusting after the kindle since the day it came out and this year my hubby got me one for Valentine's day! It should be here tomorrow. I live in San Francisco and have been hosting a monthly fiction book club for the past 3, coming up on 4, years. I take public transport to work and my poor aching back is looking forward to the Kindle arriving.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Welcome!  There's no such thing as a bad newbie, just repentant newbies vs. unrepentant newbies.  How are you?  When do you expect your kindle?  lol, what have you downloaded so far?  More to the point, I hear that SF is lovely year-round, do you need a chaperone?  It's going to be 20 degrees here in the morning, which is WAY below the legal minimum.

what kind of book klub do you host?  lol, would you be interested in hosting one here?  Come see us in the book klub forum!  We love new people!

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Greetings and Welcome, Modkindle!
We are a diverse group, in ages, life styles, incomes, and in most others ways of classification, BUT we love to read and love our Kindles.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Hi Modkindle - you found your way here, you just took the scenic route so you are not really bad  :D  Nice to have you here.  I'm not quite officially a geezerette, but then that depends on how old one is  :eek: but I like to think I don't act like it, I remember when my mother was this age and she was OLD!

Nice to have you join us.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Welcome to KindleBoards. You will really like the Kindle if you have been carrying books around. This is a great board.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts