Kindle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you have to be a registered member to email the free books to you kindle? I can download them to my desktop for USB transfer without registering but I get an error message when I try to email them. I do them them in my approved email list under Manage your Account through Amazon. Thanks in advance for your help (as always!)

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
At least 90% of them don't want to email whether you have an account, and I've not been able to figure out why.  Haven't encountered an issue with emailing the books I pay for, just the freebies.  But in the last 20 minutes, I was able to email Doc Sidhe from their site on the first try, while logged in.  Again, no clue why this one was different?  I think that makes all of two that have worked for me.

On the plus side, though it's more of a nuisance to have to download & USB them over, it's so worth it. :)  Free, and typically good stuff if you're into SciFi/Fantasy.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I emailed Baen last night after not being able to email 1632, 1633, and 1812-The Rivers of War to my kindle and tried again this morning. Worked perfectly! Apparently they do read they're emails and act on them. Good for you Baen! And the nice part is it doesn't seem to require a registration on my part to email the free books to my kindle.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I have always had problems getting them to email to my Kindle account so I have just downloaded them to my computer and transferred them while it was charging.

I also have many of the books on my computer in RTF format because then I can read them during a slow period where it would look odd for me to be reading my Kindle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts