Kindle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
I've moved this to the Book Corner as an item of interest to readers of Fantasy/Sci Fi.

Anyone who is attending is welcome to post that here. Perhaps arrange a meet-up. ;D Or have other questions/discussions about Balticon.

(Authors, you are welcome to post that you will be attending; if you have anything more specific to add as to times/places/what you'll be doing, please post it in your book thread--thanks!)

It's so close to me, but not my kind of thing. But y'all have fun! I've got to get back to dusting my HP wand.

Betsy
KB Moderator

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Sometimes I wish I didn't live in the most remote capital city on planet Earth. It's a four hour flight just to leave this country, and about a day's worth of travelling to get anywhere.

Still, I guess the early explorers would have leapt at the chance.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Simon Haynes said:
Sometimes I wish I didn't live in the most remote capital city on planet Earth. It's a four hour flight just to leave this country, and about a day's worth of travelling to get anywhere.

Still, I guess the early explorers would have leapt at the chance.
Australia has its own conventions. NatCon just took place over the weekend.

And it's not the most remote capital city. (Try the Philippines. We're in the same time zone. Except we don't have first-world income.)

·
Registered
709 Posts
I'm thinking about going this year. I don't know if it's too late to get a table, but I'll have a scifi book out by then and I live right in the area (In fact, I've been to that hotel for a different event!) I'd like to give it a try. It's been years since I went to a con, but my friends go to a lot of them.

·
Registered
468 Posts
D.L. Shutter said:
Did anyone here go to the Balticon this past May? I even live in MD and agonized missing last years event only to have to move my house into two storage sheds this memorial Day. Sucked.

Anyone in MD planning to go to Capclave in Gaithersburg this Oct? John Scalzi will be there.

http://www.capclave.org/capclave/capclave12/
I went. I was a panel guest as a writer. I had a blast, as I always do when I go to Balticon. I first went nearly 20 years ago, and I met my current husband at my first Balticon.

Balticon 2013 is already in the planning stages. Joe Haldeman is writer guest of honor. You bet I'll be there!

I live in Massachusetts now, but I'm originally from Maryland. It's nice to go home every once in awhile.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Elizabeth Black said:
I went. I was a panel guest as a writer. I had a blast, as I always do when I go to Balticon. I first went nearly 20 years ago, and I met my current husband at my first Balticon.

Balticon 2013 is already in the planning stages. Joe Haldeman is writer guest of honor. You bet I'll be there!

I live in Massachusetts now, but I'm originally from Maryland. It's nice to go home every once in awhile.
Very cool!

I am definitely planning to go now.

(We've traded places. I grew up in Massachusetts and live in Maryland now!)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.