Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
UGhhhhh. and yes the one I have on my 1 click Amazon account!
I called BoA Friday afternoon because my daughter had lost HER debit card. I am an authorized user on her account so I can deposit money for her while she's away at college. I told the customer service rep that her card needed to be canceled BUT to  make sure she did not cancel mine.
I repeated the last 4 numbers of the card 3 times so she would know which one to cancel.

Well, of course, on Saturday, I'm checking out at a store and my card is declined! WTH? Try again, then it hit me. THEY CANCELED MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!  :eek:

So, Thank goodness DH was there and had his card so we didn't hold up the line anymore. I was fuming mad!
I get to the car and immediately call the bank. Explain what happeed and the CSrep tells me there's nothing she can do. The quickest she can replace my card is in 2 business days! Um, UNACCEPTABLE.
I said, if you can cancel my card with the stroke of a computer key, you can surely reinstate it just the same. After a few minutes of complaining, she put me on hold and said, let me try something.
She gets back on the phone and says it's fixed. Just like that.
I can't imagine if I had to cancel that card FOR REAL. It is tied to everything I purchase online. I even have the number memorized!  :-X
I'm just happy they were able to fix everything! AND, my daughter found her card so it didn't need to be canceled in the first place.

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
So glad you got it straightened out!  It's soooo frustrating sometimes.  I've had similar experiences where despite my best efforts, the rep screws it up.  On the other hand, I've also been the screw up.  ;D

Kids.  What can you say.  Glad she found the card, though!

Betsy

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Glad it worked out for you.  Good for you for telling them they can cancel with one stroke, surely it can work the other way.  I had the same situation with a cell phone company.  They told me it would take a week to turn my phone off when I wanted to cancel and change companies.  I politely told them that was BS.  If I decided not to pay my bill they would shut me off in a second.  After a few silent seconds, the CS rep asked me to hold, came back on and turned off my phone. 
So frustrating.
Again, so glad you were able to work it out quickly.
deb

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
It is really iffy here in Mexico when you charge something because they may or may not have a block on your account.  I have called the credit card company and politely asked they remove the block because I am going shopping.  You then go to Costco, get in a long line, with a long line behind you and your card is blocked!  Embarassing to say the least.  Mexico is the largest fraud credit card country in the world, I appreciate their watching out for me, but when I call ahead of time  ::) and if it is ok, you don't dare use it several places in a row or you will be blocked, then have to call the company yada yada yada and of course hold forever.

I am glad you were able to get yours back so quickly, what's your phone number, I think I'll call you next time I get blocked and you can get cleared for me  ::) you seem to have a special talent  ;)

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Last month my checking account was closed by the bank without any notice. They said they send a letter a month ago but I didn't receive it. If I did, I'd call them and try to solve the problem if there's any. Every payment was connected to that account using autopay so I was very upset. The account was a joint account with my sister and explanation that I got was that there was some problem with my sister's account so they closed it.

Well, a couple days later my sister call me and said the bank had frozen all of her account (joint account with her husband and children) and they are going to close all of them. My sister found what is happening when she try to go online and do some payment but she couldn't go online. All of her saving was in that bank so of course she and her husband were very upset. The bank said once they close the account, they'll send the check. Well, they have the gold account so the amount was not small...

Of course my sister was upset so she asked for explanation. At first they won't give any but finally what she got was "because of the cash deposit to the account". Okay, she doesn't do cash deposit. I do. I do the cash deposit to the joint checking account I have with my sister and transfer to my saving. I sometime just deposit the cash to my saving. So the bank got suspicious of the cash flow and just closed the account. The bank closed the accounts of the wrong person though. If their explanation was valid, they should have closed my savings too since all the money was going to my saving and the joint account. Even the local bank manager said so. They'll know this if they look into the transaction between that checking account and saving. Not a penny went to my sister's account.

I could understand if the bank got concern about the cash and where they came from. They must thought I'm the drug dealer, a terrorist or  something. If they ask me where it came from I could provide them with everything (matured CD etc). I came from the culture where there's no personal check so there's a lot of cash transaction. Because there's a lot of fraud, a maximum amount you can get from ATM is $5,000/day/transaction now but it used to be $20,000. So I didn't thought cash deposit will cause a problem.

Well I don't want any misunderstanding with the bank so I provided everything so the bank can investigate anyway they want. I have nothing to hide. I wanted to clear my sister too. So a month later, everything got cleared and the bank reopen all of our account. For a month, my sister lost access to her money. My sister went to open an account with the different bank with the check she received from that bank but because of the amount, the money was in pending for 2 weeks so she couldn't use it.

Now my sister's husband doesn't want to do business with that bank. The bank told me they don't want my cash deposit anymore so I'm going to move my saving too. We use the bank to save our money but when something happen, we might lose all the access and this is scary.  Oh and my sister was told from that bank that if I didn't promise to no more cash deposit, they won't reopen her accounts and they'll close all of my accounts too.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Wow that must have been really frustrating! I'm so glad they worked out your issue over the phone and you didn't have to go through one click with drawl for 2 days! ;)

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
My goodness Shizu - what a bummer (and that's not the word I want to use either)  With the reputation banks are getting nowadays it appears they would be a little more responsive and helpful!  Good luck with your new bank!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts