Kindle Forum banner
6381 - 6400 of 6510 Posts

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
Currently $1.

P.I.V.O.T. Lab Chronicles Complete Series Omnibus

World Font Publication Movie Electric blue

A young man pushed to go on a date that went horribly wrong. An older woman dying from cancer. A man trying to recover from a mountain climbing accident. A young woman who fears sleeping. What ties them together?

They each enter into a virtual fantasy world in the hopes of either being healed or providing escape from what's killing them while providing valuable data to doctors.

Meanwhile the game's AI is learning, growing and is on the brink of discovery. The government is on the hunt for the secret lab and the people running it.

Who will end up healed, hidden, or found?

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
Currently $1.

Mars Colony Chronicles (Books 1 - 5): A Space Opera Box Set Adventure

Book Publication Font Book cover Gadget

Grab the adventure of a lifetime that combines elements of Indiana Jones, Solo, and Total Recall for a thrilling ride on Mars and beyond. 1200+ pages of high-octane space opera action.

From Book 1, Martian Plague:

Thief, grave robber, savior of humanity!

Ozzy Mack went to Mars to make money. The newly discovered ancient ruins were a gold mine for the black-market archeologist.

When aliens invade, wiping out all life on earth, Mars becomes the last bastion of humanity. The plague the aliens used on Earth is coming to Mars…

However, the human race doesn’t roll over and die. The cure might be in the Martian ruins and there’s one man on the planet who can solve the riddle.

Ozzy’s running out of time. If he can’t decipher the ancient relics his daughter will die, along with the remains of human civilization!

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
Currently $2.

Soul of the Fire

Nature Book Publication Poster Tree

Mayhem runs rampant as battle lines are drawn between rival lands in the fifth novel of the #1 New York Times bestselling author’s epic fantasy series.

Richard Rahl has finally married his true love, Kahlan, and are enjoying their wedding night in the Village of the Mud People. But their newlywed bliss is cut short as unexplainable deaths begin to occur. Richard realizes that when Kahlan called forth the Chimes in order to save him, they remained free—and now they’re causing havoc.

Richard’s mentor Zedd sends him and Kahlan off to the Wizard’s Keep in Aydindril to retrieve a magic spell that will stop the threat. But they are soon sidetracked by the people of Anderith, who wield a powerful weapon known as the Dominie Dirtch. The leadership of Anderith is making a bid to align with the evil Imperial Order. And as Richard tries to persuade them to change their minds, the Chimes continue their dangerous mischief.

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
Currently $2.

The Overdue Life of Amy Byler

Poster Font Publication Advertising Book cover

An Amazon Charts and Washington Post bestseller, and a Goodreads Choice Award finalist.

“A laugh-out-loud funny, pitch-perfect novel that will have readers rooting for this unlikely, relatable, and totally lovable heroine, The Overdue Life of Amy Byler is the ultimate escape—and will leave moms everywhere questioning whether it isn’t time for a #momspringa of their own.” —New York Journal of Books

Overworked and underappreciated, single mom Amy Byler needs a break. So when the guilt-ridden husband who abandoned her shows up and offers to take care of their kids for the summer, she accepts his offer and escapes rural Pennsylvania for New York City.

Usually grounded and mild mannered, Amy finally lets her hair down in the city that never sleeps. She discovers a life filled with culture, sophistication, and—with a little encouragement from her friends—a few blind dates. When one man in particular makes quick work of Amy’s heart, she risks losing herself completely in the unexpected escape, and as the summer comes to an end, Amy realizes too late that she must make an impossible decision: stay in this exciting new chapter of her life, or return to the life she left behind.

But before she can choose, a crisis forces the two worlds together, and Amy must stare down a future where she could lose both sides of herself, and every dream she’s ever nurtured, in the beat of a heart.

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
Currently $2.

Aunt Dimity Digs In (Aunt Dimity Mystery Book 4)

Plant Botany Book Publication Organism

The latest in this enchanting and fast-selling series, featuring the beloved ghost Aunt Dimity, opens in a picturesque English cottage where the lovable Lori Shepherd is up to her elbows in pureed carrots and formula bottles, striving to be the perfect mother to twins! Luckily, a beautiful Italian nanny arrives just in time--so Lori can help settle the local civil war stirred up by a visiting archaeologist's excavation.
With Reginald, the stuffed pink rabbit and Edmond Terrance, the stuffed tiger in tow, Lori hunts down a missing document, and the archaeologist digs up a lot more than artifacts. It is Aunt Dimity's magic blue notebook that provides the key to buried secrets and domestic malice, and shows all the residents of Finch that even the darkest acts can be overcome by forgiveness.

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
Currently $1.

Secrets of the Specter: A Haunted Mystery, A Magical Cat & A Modern-Day Candlestick Maker (Meowing Medium Book 1)

Cat Felidae Publication Font Carnivore

I’m Mags McAllister, and I am an honest-to-goodness modern-day candlestick maker. I work in my family’s shop in the historic district of Larkhaven, Georgia, and also make a pretty penny from sharing videos of my process online.

My life is simple, quiet, and all mine… until a white cat with mismatched eyes shows up outside my shop and refuses to leave. When I take him home, things get really weird. As in, I can now see things and people that were never there before.

It gets even freakier when a voiceless spirit introduces herself to me via a handwritten letter. This specter claims that I share her name and will also share her fate if we can’t solve the mystery that’s haunted our town since 1781… and quickly because she won’t be able to maintain her strength for much longer.

Talk about a cold case! Can I find a way to free my eighteenth-century counterpart? Or has my new feline companion just signed my death warrant by opening my eyes to the secret supernatural plane in our otherwise sleepy small town?

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
Currently $1.

Autumn's Fear (Autumn Trent FBI Mystery Series Book 3)

Car Hood Motor vehicle Poster Publication

Don’t fear the dark. It’s the light that blinds...and kills.

Forensic and criminal psychologist Dr. Autumn Trent is trying to find her groove in her transition to the FBI Behavioral Analysis Unit. But can her soft heart continue to take a beating? Will her impulsive spirit continue to get her in trouble? Probably.

Using her connections, she begins the search for the sister she hasn’t seen since they were both girls. And gets a hit in the Sunshine State.

It’s kismet when she’s called out on a case with the team—pregnant women are disappearing in Lavender Lake, Florida. The only clue to their fate has come in the form of a single hand...recovered from swamplands heavily populated with hungry gators. The perfect dumping ground for a killer.

A cold-blooded monster is on a holy mission to spread his light into the dark world...but how do you track a criminal who makes sure all evidence is eaten?

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
Currently $2.

People Like Her: A Novel

Font Pink Eyelash Material property Magenta

A razor-sharp, wickedly smart suspense debut about an ambitious influencer mom whose soaring success threatens her marriage, her morals, and her family’s safety.

Followed by Millions, Watched by One

To her adoring fans, Emmy Jackson, aka @the_mamabare, is the honest “Instamum” who always tells it like it is.

To her skeptical husband, a washed-up novelist who knows just how creative Emmy can be with the truth, she is a breadwinning powerhouse chillingly brilliant at monetizing the intimate details of their family life.

To one of Emmy’s dangerously obsessive followers, she’s the woman that has everything—but deserves none of it.

As Emmy’s marriage begins to crack under the strain of her growing success and her moral compass veers wildly off course, the more vulnerable she becomes to a very real danger circling ever closer to her family.

In this deeply addictive tale of psychological suspense, Ellery Lloyd raises important questions about technology, social media celebrity, and the way we live today. Probing the dark side of influencer culture and the perils of parenting online, People Like Her explores our desperate need to be seen and the lengths we’ll go to be liked by strangers. It asks what—and who—we sacrifice when make our private lives public, and ultimately lose control of who we let in. . . .

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
Currently $1.

The Watson Girl: An absolutely addictive and pulse-racing crime thriller (Tess Winnett)

Font Poster Drink Advertising Lamp

Can she remember what happened that night, before the killer she thought was caught can strike again?

Join the ingenious and strong-willed FBI Agent Tess Winnett in her action-packed search for the prolific serial killer who once made a mistake. Addictive!

“Oh my gosh this book was just sooo good. I can’t possibly say enough good things about it. So just take my word and read it for yourself and you’ll see!!! Definitely recommend!!!” – Velvet M., five stars review on Amazon.

She’s unharmed but not unscathed

For fifteen years Laura Watson believed her family’s killer had been caught and was awaiting execution on death row. While she moves on with life with her adoptive family, she also lives in terror and uncertainty of the fear that she will one day remember what really happened that night.

She’s The Watson Girl

As a therapist conducts regression session treatments in an attempt to bring back Laura’s lost memories, little does she know that the closer she gets to the truth, the less time she has to remain alive. Now, the real killer is ready to silence her for good, before she can remember the details of that horrifying night.

She’s a serial killer's loose end

Smart, relentless and short-fused FBI Special Agent Tess Winnett and her team now search for the serial killer who has managed to stay hidden, but who is now ready to strike once more to silence one last remaining witness.

Tess will hold nothing back to stop the killer before he takes another innocent life. Even risking her own in the process.

Laura Watson’s family was murdered fifteen years ago.
That was only the beginning. His beginning.
If you’re the apple of his eye, you’re already dead.

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
Currently $3.

The Sisters Brothers

Sky Ecoregion World Publication Book

SOON TO BE A MAJOR MOTION PICTURE STARRING JAKE GYLLENHAAL, JOHN C. REILLY AND JOAQUIN PHOENIX

A BOOKER PRIZE FINALIST

AND A BEST BOOK OF THE YEAR: Publishers Weekly • Amazon • Hudson Booksellers • Washington Post

Hermann Kermit Warm is going to die. The enigmatic and powerful man known only as the Commodore has ordered it, and his henchmen, Eli and Charlie Sisters, will make sure of it. Though Eli doesn’t share his brother’s appetite for whiskey and killing, he’s never known anything else. But their prey isn’t an easy mark, and on the road from Oregon City to Warm’s gold-mining claim outside Sacramento, Eli begins to question what he does for a living-and whom he does it for.

With The Sisters Brothers, Patrick deWitt pays homage to the classic Western, transforming it into an unforgettable comic tour de force. Filled with a remarkable cast of characters-losers, cheaters, and ne’er-do-wells from all stripes of life-and told by a complex and compelling narrator, it is a violent, lustful odyssey through the underworld of the 1850s frontier that beautifully captures the humor, melancholy, and grit of the Old West and two brothers bound by blood, violence, and love.

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
Currently $2.

My Mother's Secret: A Novel Based on a True Holocaust Story

World Sleeve Happy People in nature Flash photography

Inspired by a true story, My Mother’s Secret is a captivating and ultimately uplifting tale intertwining the lives of two Jewish families in hiding from the Nazis, a fleeing German soldier, and the mother and daughter who save them all.

Franciszka and her daughter, Helena, are simple, ordinary people...until 1939, when the Nazis invade their homeland. Providing shelter to Jews in Nazi-occupied Poland is a death sentence, but Franciszka and Helena do exactly that. In their tiny home in Sokal, they hide a Jewish family in a loft above their pigsty, a Jewish doctor with his wife and son in a makeshift cellar under the kitchen, and a defecting German soldier in the attic—each party completely unknown to the others. For everyone to survive, Franciszka will have to outsmart her neighbors and the German commander.

Told simply and succinctly from four different perspectives—all under one roof—My Mother’s Secret is a testament to the kindness, courage, and generosity of ordinary people who chose to be extraordinary.

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
Currently $2.

Woman: An Intimate Geography

Book Publication Font Electric blue Book cover

National Book Award Finalist: This look at the science of the female body is “a tour de force . . . wonderful, entertaining and informative” (TheNew York Times Book Review).

From a Pulitzer Prize–winning journalist who covers science for the New York Times, Woman is an essential guide to everything from organs to orgasms and hormones to hysterectomies. With her characteristic clarity and insight, Natalie Angier cuts through still-prevalent myths and misinformation surrounding the female body, the most enigmatic of evolutionary masterpieces. In addition to earning a nomination for the National Book Award, Woman was named one of the best books of the year by NPR, the Los Angeles Times, the Chicago Tribune, and People, among others.

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
Currently $2.

Van Gogh: The Life

Forehead Chin Beard Art Book

NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER • “The definitive biography for decades to come.”—Leo Jansen, curator, the Van Gogh Museum, and co-editor of Vincent van Gogh: The Complete Letters

Steven Naifeh and Gregory White Smith, who galvanized readers with their Pulitzer Prize–winning biography of Jackson Pollock, have written another tour de force—an exquisitely detailed, compellingly readable portrait of Vincent van Gogh. Working with the full cooperation of the Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam, Naifeh and Smith have accessed a wealth of previously untapped materials to bring a crucial understanding to the larger-than-life mythology of this great artist: his early struggles to find his place in the world; his intense relationship with his brother Theo; and his move to Provence, where he painted some of the best-loved works in Western art. The authors also shed new light on many unexplored aspects of Van Gogh’s inner world: his erratic and tumultuous romantic life; his bouts of depression and mental illness; and the cloudy circumstances surrounding his death at the age of thirty-seven.

Though countless books have been written about Van Gogh, no serious, ambitious examination of his life has been attempted in more than seventy years. Naifeh and Smith have re-created Van Gogh’s life with an astounding vividness and psychological acuity that bring a completely new and sympathetic understanding to this unique artistic genius.

NAMED ONE OF THE BEST BOOKS OF THE YEAR BY The New York Times Book Review The Washington Post The Wall Street Journal San Francisco Chronicle • NPR • The Economist Newsday • BookReporter

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
Currently $3.

Paperbacks from Hell: The Twisted History of '70s and '80s Horror Fiction

Product Publication Font Poster Movie

From the New York Times best-selling author of The Southern Book Club's Guide to Slaying Vampires comes a nostalgic and unflinchingly funny celebration of the horror fiction boom of the 1970s and ’80s.

Take a tour through the horror paperback novels of two iconic decades . . . if you dare. Page through dozens and dozens of amazing book covers featuring well-dressed skeletons, evil dolls, and knife-wielding killer crabs! Read shocking plot summaries that invoke devil worship, satanic children, and haunted real estate!

Horror author and vintage paperback book collector Grady Hendrix offers killer commentary and witty insight on these trashy thrillers that tried so hard to be the next Exorcist or Rosemary’s Baby. Complete with story summaries and artist and author profiles, this unforgettable volume dishes on familiar authors like V. C. Andrews and R. L. Stine, plus many more who’ve faded into obscurity.

Also included are recommendations for which of these forgotten treasures are well worth your reading time and which should stay buried.

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
Currently $1.

The Scarlet Queen : A Crimson Deathbringer Series Prequel Adventure (The Crimson Deathbringer Series Book 5)

Book Poster Air gun Publication Font

Can a time machine be used to save the galaxy?
Before teaming up with Tarq, Xornaa was a spy/mercenary with a terrible reputation.
After finishing a successful mission, she receives a mysterious offer, one that involves a lot of money for a seemingly easy job. But she’s gone through the wringer several times in the past, so she has her suspicions, especially when she finds out the Akakies are involved.
The femme fatale mercenary soon realizes that things aren’t as they seem, and her actions could have world-ending consequences.
Can a Xortaag spy with a shady past and questionable motives end up being a force for good in order to save the galaxy? Pick up The Scarlet Queen, the prequel to the blockbuster The Crimson Deathbringer series, and find out for yourself!

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
Currently $1.

The Moon and Beyond (The Lunar Free State Book 1)

World Poster Font Publication Science

Ian Stevens, director of the Deep Space Research Institute, isn’t interested in conducting research just for the sake of research. While the rest of the world—including the U.S. government—thinks that’s the DSRI’s sole mission, Stevens is actually interested in more—he wants manned space travel and the colonization of the moon.

With NASA defunct, few scientific probes are being launched, and no one even talks about human spaceflight anymore. Stevens is out to change that. A billionaire in his own right, Stevens has assembled a crew of the best scientists and engineers he can find, and the DSRI is secretly building and testing gravity-powered spacecraft.

There’s just one problem—the project would be widely condemned worldwide, especially since there’s no government supervision. Everything they do has to be kept out of sight and away from the prying eyes of the NSA, Homeland Security, the IRS, OSHA, and a half-dozen other government agencies. They’ve got the world's smartest computer on their side, but will it be enough?

As the government gets ever closer to figuring out what the DSRI is doing, Stevens’ plan to establish a permanent settlement on the Moon nears fruition. The race is on—will the government find out and shut down the project, or will Stevens be able to implement…the Lunar Free State?

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
Currently $3.

Welcome to the World, Baby Girl!: A Novel (Elmwood Springs Book 1)

Font Poster Publication Building Sky

A funny, serious, and compelling novel by Fannie Flagg, author of the beloved Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe (and prize-winning co-writer of the classic movie).

“[This] tale of tough, eccentric, endearing women who first endure and then prevail. . . . will make you laugh out loud—and shed a few tears. . . . Welcome to the World, Baby Girl! is another rattling success.”—Richmond Times-Dispatch

Once again, Flagg's humor and respect and affection for her characters shine forth. Many inhabit small-town or suburban America. But this time, her heroine is urban: a brainy, beautiful, and ambitious rising star of 1970s television. Dena Nordstrom, pride of the network, is a woman whose future is full of promise, her present rich with complications, and her past marked by mystery.

Among the colorful cast of characters are:

Sookie, of Selma, Alabama, Dena's exuberant college roommate, who is everything that Dena is not; she is thrilled by Dena's success and will do everything short of signing autographs for her; Sookie's a mom, a wife, and a Kappa forever

Dena's cousins, the Warrens, and her aunt Elner, of Elmwood Springs, Missouri, endearing, loyal, talkative, ditsy, and, in their way, wise

Neighbor Dorothy, whose spirit hovers over them all through the radio show that she broadcast from her home in the 1940s

Sidney Capello, pioneer of modern sleaze journalism and privateer of privacy, and Ira Wallace, his partner in tabloid television

Several doctors, all of them taken with—and almost taken in by-Dena

There are others, captivated by a woman who tries to go home again, not knowing where home or love lie.

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
Currently $1.

Murder at Icicle Lodge (A Ferrara Family Mystery Book 3)

Cat Carnivore Publication Book Felidae

Seasoned Italian-American Alberta Scaglione can whip up a traditional dish for any occasion. But when an impromptu vacation turns deadly, can she sift out the deadly ingredient?

When her granddaughter lands a reporting gig at the grand opening of the luxurious Icicle Lodge, Alberta and friends tag along for a week of much-needed R&R amid the snowcapped hills of northeastern Pennsylvania. But the idyllic winter getaway becomes a nightmare after the gang discovers blood on the ice—and the dead body of celebrity guest Pamela Gregory, a frosty Olympic gold medal figure skater who won herself more enemies than fans . . .

With a killer on the loose, multiple suspects, and a blizzard on the way, Alberta must now race to crack a bone-chilling case . . . before the outspoken Ferrara ladies get served murder: family style!

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
Currently $1.

Murder at Veronica's Diner (A Ferrara Family Mystery Book 4)

Furniture Outdoor furniture Interior design Table Chair

Alberta Scaglione thinks her cooking is better than anyone’s in Tranquility, New Jersey—but she doesn’t mind an occasional visit to Veronica’s Diner. Too bad today’s special is murder . . .

During the breakfast rush, waitress Teri Jo seems stressed out. Not surprising on a busy morning, though Alberta, her sister Helen, and her granddaughter Jinx find it odd when Teri Jo asks them to deliver a package for her “just in case.”

Minutes later, Teri Jo rushes back to their table—not with a check in her hand but with a knife in her back. Veronica is upset but says she knows virtually nothing about her employee’s past, and the ladies aren’t sure whether to view her with sympathy or suspicion. Then they find an unusual figurine on the ground while snooping in the vicinity, and it becomes clear that this is a case for the Ferrara Family. With such a crowd at the crime scene, there are plenty of potential murderers on the menu, and the Ferraras will travel everywhere to figure out exactly where that figurine fits in . . .

Includes Italian recipes from Alberta’s kitchen!

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
Currently $1.

Murder at St. Winifred's Academy (A Ferrara Family Mystery Book 5)

Publication Art Poster Illustration Chair

Tranquility, New Jersey’s amateur drama troupe is staging a murder mystery at St. Winifred’s Academy and Alberta Scaglione couldn’t be more thrilled. Even her Italian-American famiglia are getting in on the act. But someone’s making deadly revisions to the script . . .

Alberta can hardly believe it. Her childhood screen idol, 1950s Hollywood starlet Missy Michaels, has signed up for the local Tranquility Players revival of the classic Arsenic and Old Lace. But before Missy memorizes a single line, she’s found dead in her dressing room wrapped in lace and clutching a bottle of arsenic. The ultimate drama-queen suicide? Everyone thinks so—except Alberta. A Ferrara woman knows murder when she sees it. Alberta also knows producer Nola Kirkpatrick’s checkered past: whenever she’s around, trouble abounds.

Alberta and her crime-reporting partner-in-sleuthing granddaughter, Jinx, have a hunch the murderer is among the Players. So Alberta joins the cast—reluctantly playing Missy’s role—to get closer to the truth. She notices the director is a little unbalanced, but aren’t they all? The leading man is a wildly obsessive Missy Michaels fanboy—but a murderer? Of course, the show must go on. But if Alberta and Jinx can’t nab the killer before opening night, it may mean curtains for more Players . . . including Alberta.

Includes Italian recipes from Alberta’s kitchen!

6381 - 6400 of 6510 Posts