Kindle Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts

Trilogy 'bundle' for $9.99 = $3.33 each book. They are $6.39 each if bought seperately. If you got the first one when it was $1 and want book 2 and 3, it is still cheaper to buy this trilogy than book 2 and 3 seperately.

·
Registered
9,605 Posts

DOUBLE STAR by Robert A. Heinlein

At $4.79 this barely qualifies for this thread, but it is a few bucks cheaper than most of the Heinlein novels listed. There's a good chance science fiction buffs have already read it, but just in case, here's the Amazon product description:

From the dark recesses of a moon-based hotel bar, unemployed actor Lorenzo Smythe is hired to impersonate Joseph Bonforte, a politician who's been kidnapped in the middle of an election campaign. Peace with the Martians is at stake--failure to pull off the act could result in interplanetary war. Lorenzo knows nothing of the issues concerning free interplanetary trade and equal rights for aliens--and cares even less, but the politico's top aide offers a handsome compensation, and assurance that the charade will last only until they find Mr. Bonforte.- Hugo Award Winner

I read it years ago and enjoyed it, though it wasn't my favorite of Heinlein's books. It did win the Hugo Award, which is a pretty impressive accomplishment! Though done in a science fiction setting, it has a great deal of discussion about politics and power, rather than rocketships and rayguns.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
I sampled this a while ago, and read the sample last week.... When I checked the price then, it was still at $9.99.... I just checked my wish list, and it is at $2.65 right now.... ;D

Product Description
A profoundly powerful and inspirational memoir.

In 1993, Judith and Michael Sleavin and their two children set out to live their dream: to sail around the world. But one night, a freighter off the coast of New Zealand altered its course by a mere ten degrees. And changed everything. After surviving forty-four hours in the water, with a back broken in several places and paralyzed below the waist, Judith miraculously survived. Doctors would later say she suffered one of the worst cases of post-traumatic stress syndrome ever documented. News of the collision made headlines around the world, but, distraught, Judith never talked to the press. Her body was broken, and so was her soul.

Twelve years later, Judith turned to her best friend, Hester Rumberg, and asked her to write what was too painful for her to write. The result is a gripping, unbelievable yet true story of one family-s love, of profound loss, and of a remarkable woman who decided to live when others might have decided otherwise. But always it is a stunning account of survival, a meditation on the strength of friendship and community. It is a universal tale of how any of our lives might be unexpectedly altered, how we might have to change what we hope for, and how we can move forward in times of tragedy.

Judith Sleavin now divides her time between Portland, Oregon, and New Zealand.

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
I'm not much of a reader of non-fiction, but this was on my "recommended" page today and it certainly qualifies as a bargain.

For Liberty and Glory by James R. Gaines

It's priced at $1.15 and has decent reviews so far, though not too many of them. Worth a look if it's your thing, I'd say.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Here's a new one:

I should add a disclaimer that the author is a co-worker of mine. This is the first of a series, two of which have just been published. It's very enjoyable and has been getting good reviews. $1.00... can't beat that!

·
Registered
54 Posts

All of these (above) are all $3.50 each and by "Alice Duncan (writing as Anne Robins) ".

And ... this one is $1.25:

·
Registered
54 Posts
All but one of the Narnia Chronicles are on sale for $3.99 right now…

So each of the above are $3.99 right now. I've had my eye on this series for a while and that's a good price! I just bought 5 and completed our collection. And yes I know they're out of order (sorry about that. i just considered myself lucky to hav gotten them all through the Linkmaker thing!)

This one below is $4.79. Don't know why its not priced same as the others? Maybe it will be soon? We actually already owned this one (bought it and The Last Battle on sale several months ago), so didn't much matter to me, but of course had to include it since it completes the series above. And actually $4.79 isnt a bad price either.

Yay!!!!!!!! Finally have the entire Narnia series on Kindle!!!!!!!!!

P.S.
What a wonderful hat Anne! Love that Cat! In that Hat!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Here are some more fantasy books for the young &/or young at heart……

$3.01

$2.87

$2.39

$2.39

(couldn't find book #3 in this series on Kindle?)

$2.39

$3.19

$3.99

And these are all $4.79 each...

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
12 said:
Paperback version of this one is also $1.72--works as a great gift if you have Amazon Prime (free shipping) & want to send it to a Kindle-less friend. :D

·
Registered
54 Posts

This is the trilogy 'bundle' of "Black" "Red" & "White" all in one. (the first 3 books in the series. i think "Green" is the 4th book so far? and would need tp be bought seperately ($9.99 at the moment))

So this comes out to $3.33 per book for the first 3 books when bought in this bundle. They would be $28.36 totakl if bought seperate ($9.99 + $9.99 + $8.38 = $28.36).

So a good deal in the bundle.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
12 said:
This is the trilogy 'bundle' of "Black" "Red" & "White" all in one. (the first 3 books in the series. i think "Green" is the 4th book so far? and would need tp be bought seperately ($9.99 at the moment))

So this comes out to $3.33 per book for the first 3 books when bought in this bundle. They would be $28.36 totakl if bought seperate ($9.99 + $9.99 + $8.38 = $28.36).

So a good deal in the bundle.
Just FYI, Green is definitely the last book, as it is meant to bring everything around full-circle. There are also two other series that factor into this story, but they are not bargain books. :)

41 - 60 of 115 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.