Kindle Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's all 3 Boyd Morrison together for easy clicking, presented once again because they are SO GOOD for such a reasonable price. For $4.17 total you get a KILLER set of books. They are stand alone so read them in whatever order you choose although I believe in order as presented is the best sequencing. Also, as you progress through them, you will be harder pressed to put them down before finishing the book. The last especially as you feel yourself moving minute by minute, second by second through the situation. These are 6 star books hindered by 5 stars being the most available in the rating system.

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Post your bargain books here! Think you've found a really good price on a book? Or the price on a bestseller has dropped? Post here! Free books have a separate thread....

For the March Bargain Books thread, go here:

http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,4676.0.html

Authors (and their fans): if your book is a bargain, you're welcome to post it once a month in this thread! You're also welcome to start a separate thread in the Book Corner and bump it occasionally to promote your book, to post news and to talk to your fans! Thanks!

Betsy

·
Registered
13,767 Posts

Amazon caught their error and now Bobby's Trace is at $3.19 - but a good deal even at that price. Thanks all.

For a limited time, the Novel - Bobby's Trace by Edward C. Pattersin is available at NINETY-NINE Cents.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00150Z5HC

Do ghosts mourn the living? Perry Chaplin is in mourning for his life partner, Bobby - a time of stress, notwithstanding. The more he drifts, the more he becomes unhinged until he's one room short of a rubber one. ""Get a grip, Perry."" So he takes his chances on a blind date, which further plunges him along the nightmare highway. He gets an unsought lesson in life-after-death that turns his bereavement into a horrific adventure. Come peek through Perry Chaplin's mysterious window. See what there is to see. Enter Our Lady of Perpetual Grace, where the holy water boils and the confessionals whisper. What lurks in the rectory's attic? What lies beneath the surface of life and death? What comes in Bobby's - in Bobby's trace? Do ghosts mourn the living? Perry Chaplin knows. Will you?

Edward C. Patterson

·
Registered
2,420 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Carol Hanrahan said:
Hello!
My YA novel, BALING, is available on Kindle for a very reasonable 0.99.
It might also appeal to those young at heart. :D
Any readers who want to give it a review - I would be very appreciative!
Thanks for letting me plug my book! This is a wonderful thread!

http://www.amazon.com/Baling/dp/B0010QD6RM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=digital-text&qid=1238599375&sr=1-1

Carol Hanrahan
Carol, it sounds like a fun and interesting read! I downloaded it, but it may be a while before I read it as I have quite a few ahead of yours to read yet.
Thanks for offering it at such a great price. ;D
Sheryl

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
All my books will be on sale through April for under $2... (I think Amazon has them all priced at $1.49)

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Ever wondered what you cat thinks? Max (the Psychokitty) Thompson may leave you sleeping with one eye open... $1.59 each (it should make me sad, he has a much larger fan base than I ever will :D )

And he's written out the rules for being owned by a cat...complete with paw drawn illustrations... for $1.19

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
The Orbit $1 book for April is out, it's called Winterbirth.

$1.00 for April

From Booklist (in the description section on Amazon):
Scotsman Ruckley's first novel launches a promising trilogy set in the unromanticized medieval Highlands. The gods and their magic have departed, and grim feuds and endless skirmishing prevail as the weather gets ever colder. Chief among feuding clans are the Haigs, and chief among their warriors is a thane in whom some of the old powers may be awakening. This isn't necessarily good news for the Haig clan, for those powers will make their already murderous battles even grislier. But it isn't bad news for readers, since it makes the book much more difficult to put down. Green, Roland

3.5 stars overall, 37 ratings (7 5-star, 13 4-star, 7 3-star, 5 2-star, 5 1-star). 576 pages print length, 837kb file size. Sounds like from the reviews that maybe it starts out slow and then picks up. The reviews of the sequel, Bloodheir (there only 9 so far but at 4.5 stars), sound like maybe he improved on his second try.

Note this second one, Bloodheir, is $9.99. Just posting it for convenience.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Hi Thumper!
I like the way you think!
Thanks for trying my book - I hope you like it!
And that work can always wait till later.......  ;)
Have a great day!!!
Carol

·
Registered
3 Posts

For the amazingly low price of $2.40, you can time travel back to ancient Rome and experience the intimate intrigue of household life in a time when masters and slaves shared close quarters. Miranda is a modern woman stranded in the past and sold into slavery. To survive, she has to understand an alien world. She makes a place for herself by becoming a storyteller (and because her stories provide her with ways to interfere in family matters, she also becomes a focus for conflict. Falling in love with her Roman master, Marcus Tullius, complicates her life further. The modern world fades from her mind as she becomes increasingly absorbed in her new life. When she has a choice, will she return to her own world? As author, I have been touched to receive fan letters from a wide variety of readers, including readers of fantasy, YA, romance, and historical fiction, scholars of classical archeology, and time travel fans who thought perhaps I should have given Miranda more power to meddle in Roman life. I welcome communication and questions from readers. Please visit the web site at www.rebecca-east.com to view examples of the ancient art that inspired descriptions of characters, villas, artwork, gardens, and even the humble objects of everyday use. I invite you to visit Miranda's world...

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
My novel, Waiting For Spring, is $3.19. All the proceeds will be donated to Spruce Run, a domestic abuse project here in Maine that provides information and support to all people affected by domestic abuse.

A recently divorced woman trudges out of one small, Maine town and into an even smaller one, hoping to escape her pain. Instead she finds herself surrounded by people who are trudging on, just like her. Waiting for things to get better. Waiting for spring.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Thumper said:
All my books will be on sale through April for under $2... (I think Amazon has them all priced at $1.49)

I had the first one of these on my wishlist and earlier today when I saw the price drop I bought it. I didn't realize the others were the same price, thanks! I'm off to buy the rest. Is this a series?

Melissa

·
Registered
142 Posts
Found this on the old Kindle 1 discussion board,

Afraid by Jack Kilborn (who also writes as J. A. Konrath) only $1.99!

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Thumper said:
Ever wondered what you cat thinks? Max (the Psychokitty) Thompson may leave you sleeping with one eye open... $1.59 each (it should make me sad, he has a much larger fan base than I ever will :D )
Our Thompson family has never had kitties - so I'll be interested in this one ::)

Just downloaded all 6 books, have no idea when I will read them, still slogging through The Treasure of Malinche by our own Jeff - I say slogging, but it is a great book!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I hope that this is the right place to post this - I like to read romance novels as "fluffy filler" in between more serious reading and I was looking at some of the multi-book Harlequin sets on Amazon. The older sets from Spring 2008 seemed like a good deal to me; 12 books for $36 is $3 per book - just under what you would pay at a discounter like Target. Then I found the more recent months' releases. They have only 8 books per set, but at $16.50, you are paying only $2.06 per book. Buy 2 sets, and you get 16 books for $3 less than you would pay for 12 in the older sets. Just wanted to pass it along - I guess the economy is reducing both number of releases and their prices!

Oh, by the way, this is specifically in the "Harlequin Presents" line - I haven't checked on the other imprints, but they may have a similar story.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
meljackson said:
I had the first one of these on my wishlist and earlier today when I saw the price drop I bought it. I didn't realize the others were the same price, thanks! I'm off to buy the rest. Is this a series?

Melissa
Charybdis, As Simple As That, and Finding Father Rabbit are in series (and in that order...) It's Not About The Cookies is its own story...my mother seems sure it's about her, so she's not sure she likes it :D

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Thumper said:
Charybdis, As Simple As That, and Finding Father Rabbit are in series (and in that order...) It's Not About The Cookies is its own story...my mother seems sure it's about her, so she's not sure she likes it :D
Thank you! I just bought all of them. I sampled one of the cat ones, read one line and hurried over and bought all 3 of those too. Great deals!

Melissa

·
Registered
797 Posts
ladyvolz said:
Found this on the old Kindle 1 discussion board,

Afraid by Jack Kilborn (who also writes as J. A. Konrath) only $1.99!

Thanks for mentioning Afraid. I'm blown away that it's currently #10 on the Kindle bestseller list.

My first book in the Jack Daniels thriller series, Whiskey Sour by JA Konrath, is also discounted for $3.96.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.