Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
This one sounds interesting.... and not too bad at $3.99

Product Description
"It's called lucid dreaming. When you become aware that your dream is a dream, while you're actually dreaming it."

One of Sloane's buddies had broached the subject as they were sharing a few beers and a few laughs on her living room sofa.

"But what's so special about that?"

"Oh…it's amazing. Once you realize that you've strayed into dreamland, you can take dreaming to a whole new level. Everything becomes more vivid. More…intense. You feel yourself completely surrendering to the dream. And it takes over. Becomes your world. It's like…watching the most spectacular movie, in 3-D. And the best part is...you get to play the leading role!"

Lucid dreaming.

It sounded an intriguing enough prospect. A prospect worth giving a go.

Why not?

And, sure enough, Sloane's first journey into this heralded other-world does not disappoint. A dream unlike any she has ever experienced engulfs her. Swallows her whole.

The thrill, however, comes quickly to an end, when Sloane finds herself gazing into her neighbor's apartment. And what she sees there, in a shadowed, secret room, will haunt her from that moment forward.

Unable to forget the harrowing nightmare and all the others that follow soon afterward, Sloane must begin a seesaw quest to uncover the truth.

Is Mr. Phillips from across the hall really the delightful old codger she runs into around the building? Or is he the monster that dwells in the depths of her nightmares? Kidnapper and torturer of a vulnerable young girl?

Sloane is willing to do whatever it takes to find out. But the answers that await her could turn out to be the most frightening nightmare of all.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Cross-Winds, a Seventh Cross Novel, Book I.  Excellent read for fantasy enthusiasts.  At only .99, you can't go wrong!  Cross-Winds was listed as runner-up for Best New Fiction Novel of 2008 by the Ames Tribune!

·
Registered
13,767 Posts
Now, for a limited time only, Ed Patterson is offering The Closet Clandestine for $ .99 on the Kindle

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0018V3WBO

A collection of seven poetry books, The Closet Clandestine: a queer steps out, tracks a gay man's sensitivities to the strange world encountered both in and out of the real and poetic closet. Sensitive and bold, and sometimes shocking and, in all cases, lyrical, this is a journey from shy emergence to bold self-confidence. These 180 poems are collected into seven volumes:

The Awakening
Catherine and Other Poems
The Festival at Thebes
Ties and Rings
Gay October
Provincetown Poems
Songs: Not Just Survival.

The following review does not appear on Amazon:

Review from Rainbow Reviews:
"I read poetry by "dipping" - the book lies by my bed, and I dip at random, reading one, maybe two before bed. In this way the pleasure is extended, it can take months to read through a volume. Poetry should not be rushed. I enjoyed this volume of poetry. For one, the layout is to my taste, lots of white, open space, to leave room for thought. Another thing I enjoyed seeing was the development of the poet, from being 'in the closet' in The Awakening, to being 'out, and proud of it' in Songs: Not just Survival. There is a progression; the poet shares his life and moments. The poems are well crafted, it is clear that thought and love and much work went into the work. I plan to keep the volume by my bed. Read it, savor it."

Review by L. Adlem

Thanks you
Edward C. Patterson

·
Registered
22 Posts
Only nine days left before The Rebirth of Rhin goes back to its regular price on Kindle: $3.99. So hurry up and get yourself, or a friend, a copy while it's still priced at only $0.99.

I'd recommend the book to fans of the action/adventure genre, or any avid fantasy reader.
I wrote it, so I'm probably a bit biased, but I'd say it's worth a buck. :)

You can read the first chapter free here:

http://www.goodreads.com/story/show/25118.The_Rebirth_of_Rhin

Here's the synopsis:

The Rebirth of Rhin tells the story of a young man's journey as he sets out into the world of Iora, after his parents die in a horrific fire. Rhin's goal is vengeance at first, but he soon learns that his destiny is grander and nobler than retribution. He finds himself in the virtual center of a conflict spanning the ages between Gods and Demons.
During his travels he encounters many strange creatures, some more friendly than others, as he becomes immersed in a dark secret involving Iora's creator, the tyrannical God, Jiaïro. Powers push at him from all sides and soon he finds himself on a quest to destroy the God Jiaïro and free the world from violence and oppression.
There are great battles and genocides, magic, spiritual weapons, militant Gods, disgraced angels and demons wreathed in green flame -- as Rhin embarks on a personal journey of self-discovery.

Kindle page:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Rebirth-of-Rhin/dp/B001PTG63K/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1238103893&sr=8-2

If The Rebirth of Rhin sounds like a thrilling read to you, pick up a copy now. Only nine days remain if you want to take advantage of the ridiculously low price of 99 cents!

Julian Traas
[email protected]

·
Registered
142 Posts
Not a bad bargain, it's a buy Herron's newly released book for $9.99 and get his last book free. Deal ends 4/27.

so it's buy this book

and get this one free......

·
Registered
544 Posts
was just released, and could be a bargain at $3.99, even if the regular price is only $4.99. Usually the Dummies series books are very helpful, so I have high hopes for this one!

·
Registered
80 Posts
My four entertaining, nonfiction books have been specially priced at $1.60 each for one week only, beginning today. They will return to their regular price of $4.80 each 5/1/09. Thank you.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
3.99 4.99 4.74 4.99

I know we have some Nora Roberts fans here.

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
FYI, there is a third book in Nora Robert's Dream trilogy. Deb probably didn't post it because it's $6.39, while the other two are "bargain" books. I just wanted to let everyone know.

I can certainly recommend Honest Illusions.

Thanks for the heads up, deb. I think I'll stretch the April budget to get that one.

·
Registered
13,767 Posts
For a Limited time only, Edward C. Patterson's latest novel (March 2009) priced at $ .99 (NINETY-NINE Cents)

The Academician - Southern Swallow Book I

37 years in development, this tale of 12th Century China is finally here:

Description

"A bigger fool the world has never known than I - a coarse fellow with no business to clutch a brush and scribble. I only know the scrawl, because my master took pleasure in teaching me between my chores. Not many men are so cursed . . ." Thus begins the tale of Li K'ai-men as told by his faithful, but mischievous servant, K'u Ko-ling - a tale of 12th Century China, where state service meant a life long journey across a landscape of turmoil and bliss. A tale of sacrifice, love, war and duty - a fragile balance between rituals and passions. An epic commitment between two men to define the indefinable in their own world and time. Here begins the legacy of the Jade Owl and its custodian as he holds true to his warrants.

The Academician is the first of four books in the Southern Swallow series, capturing the turbulence of the Sung Dynasty in transition. Spanning the silvery days under the Emperor Hui to the disasters that followed, The Academician is a slice of world events that should never have been forgotten. Still, there are things more important than invasions and empires. The world's fate rests in the warrants of Li K'ai-men, this young scholar from Gui-lin, called master by his faithful servant, but known as Nan Ya to the world.

Edward C. Patterson, M. A.

·
Registered
501 Posts
love2read said:
I missed it :( This book is already back to $9.99.
Now back down to $7.19 - these Kindle book prices fluctuate faster than those at the gas pumps!

61 - 80 of 87 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.