Kindle Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post your found bargain* books here. For the May 2009 bargain book thread, see here:

http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,7408.msg175659.html#msg175659

This thread is for all to post their Bargain book finds, no self-promotion please.

If you have a book of your own to promote, you may start a thread all your own in the Book Bazaar and bump it occasionally (no more than once a week, please) to promote your book, to post news and to talk to your fans! Of course, you may also list the book in your Avatar and signature. Thanks!

Betsy
Book Corner Moderator

*'bargain' generally means under $5. . .but, buyer beware: prices can change without notice so look before you click!

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
It's a short story, not a whole book, but just 99 cents. The author is the screenwriter of Big Fish and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. It is getting good reviews at Amazon.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I am adding a really great sci-fi book, Metagame. I found it through Amazon forums when the author Sam Landstrom introduced it. He has also mentioned it at Kindleboards. It is only $.80 and worth much much more cos it was such a fun read. This book and In Her Name are my two favorite books I have found on the Kindle. I wasn't sure I would like it but was hooked from the first few pages. I would love to hear from other people after they have read it.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Haven't seen "sale" prices on the mobireference collections at Amazon, but their "Works of Charles Dickens" (lists for $5.99 and usually sold at Amazon for $4.79, which I paid for it last month!) is selling for $1.59:

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Calling Out Your Name
By Ned White

I'm currently reading this from Smashwords.com and I'm hooked!

Description: For 16 year-old Woody Elmont, life in rural Georgia is a tolerable routine of caring for his aging Aunt Zee and minding his developmentally disabled younger brother, Tick. But when Tick disappears from a home for troubled youth, Woody sets off on a grand adventure to know the truth of his brother's fate. Risking his life for duty's sake, Woody discovers far more truth than he bargained for.

Price: $4.95

I also highly recommend The Elvis Interviews by Glen Bonham ($5). I've mentioned it before. You can read my thread here.

·
Registered
835 Posts
r0b0d0c said:
Haven't seen "sale" prices on the mobireference collections at Amazon, but their "Works of Charles Dickens" (lists for $5.99 and usually sold at Amazon for $4.79, which I paid for it last month!) is selling for $1.59:

Funny you should post that! I just bought it the other day & absolutely love it. I'm reading David Copperfield (again) and you can navigate between chapters. I'm doing the happy dance.

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
I bought a whole bunch of the Mobile Reader works many months ago. It would be nice to have saved three bucks but they were a bargain at $5.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I was looking to see the availability of George RR Martin. I came across a previously OOP book of his short stories that I am going to try--it's on sale for $2:

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
New Orbit $1 book-
Midnight Never Come
Link maker can't find it...

·
Registered
597 Posts
Several new bargains were just posted on the Amazon big deals page:

I couldn't find the Kindle link for the first two books. All are $1.99.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Great ebook collections. I'g glad I found this. Let me think first of what book to buy maybe after two days when I am not busy from work

It is not all books that are as dull as their readers.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I found this one through Facebook. (Lee Goldberg is my Facebook friend. He's my new celebrity crush. :D )

"I've only published 3 short stories in my career & I've bundled them all into THREE WAYS TO DIE, which is now available for 99 cents on the Kindle. Some of the reviews:

"Lee Goldberg's 'Jack Webb's Star' is a riotous caper crime with a nasty twist," Los Angeles Times
"Top billing should go to Lee Goldberg's 'Jack Webb's Star' for the biggest laughs," Publisher's Weekly"

·
Registered
364 Posts
I haven't read this, but it's definitely a bargain! Only 99 cents!

Product Description
In a Malibu beach house, David Lynx struggles with writing with his latest tour de force - a book on magic. It's a subject he knows nothing about. In a desperate attempt to understand, he decides to perform an ancient ritual not realizing that he will unwittingly open a door for a forty-year-old unsolved murder spree to start all over again.

While The White Lady Murders is immersed in the supernatural, fans desiring a solid murder mystery will not be disappointed. At its core, The White Lady Murders offers an action-packed detective story replete with a hard-boiled, hard-nosed police officer named Robert Moran leading the charge. Moran is a veteran police officer who vividly remembers the original murders that occurred during The Summer of Blood. The string of vicious crimes terrorized the city and held its residents captive in the killer's steely grip. No one felt safe and now Moran desperately races to solve the mystery of who or what is behind the new wave of brutal killings to prevent The White Lady Murders from beginning again.

The White Lady Murders is the book that will keep you guessing up until the very end!

·
Registered
13,767 Posts
If you're into classic Science Fiction and you have ever scoured the book stores and library shelves for as many books by H.G. Wells or Jules Verne (in translation) as you could find, these two bargains are for you. Both under $5.00 and chock foll of titles that you probably never heard about - like Tono Bungay and Hector Servadac (in 2 parts Off on a Comet and To the Sun).

BTW, both these books are $4.79 each. There are also Complete Verne and Wells for $ .80 each, but I can't vouch for their formatting and, in these complete series editions, their indexing. You can also get most of the works for free if you are willing to deal with Gutenberg formatting. And, of course, if you are french speaking, most of Verne's works are available in the free book libraries in the original.

Edward C. Patterson

·
Registered
21,587 Posts
edwpat said:
If you're into classic Science Fiction and you have ever scoured the book stores and library shelves for as many books by H.G. Wells or Jules Verne (in translation) as you could find, these two bargains are for you. Both under $5.00 and chock foll of titles that you probably never heard about - like Tono Bungay and Hector Servadac (in 2 parts Off on a Comet and To the Sun).

BTW, both these books are $.79 each. There are also Complete Verne and Wells for $ .80 each, but I can't vouch for their formatting and, in these complete series editions, their indexing. You can also get most of the works for free if you are willing to deal with Gutenberg formatting. And, of course, if you are french speaking, most of Verne's works are available in the free book libraries in the original.

Edward C. Patterson
Ed,
Don't you mean $4.79 each?
Just sayin.....

1 - 20 of 88 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.