Kindle Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post your bargain books here! Think you've found a really good price on a book? Or the price on a bestseller has dropped? Post here! Free books have a separate thread....

For the April Bargain Books thread, go here:

http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,6259.0.html

(Authors: This thread is now only for members to post their bargain finds. For your own books, please start a separate thread in the Book Bazaar! You may bump it occasionally (no more than once a week, please!) to promote your book, to post news and to talk to your fans! Thanks!)

Betsy

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
Here's the pretty picture link:

Thanks for posting it when it was free, I was one of the lucky ones to get it then. :D (Hey, saving a buck means I can get another 99-cent book from one of our resident authors! :))

Since it appears that this is probably the official "Orbit Book for a Buck" for May, my guess is that it will be available for the whole month (and that the earlier $0.00 price was an error by Amazon...lucky for some of us!).

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
My novel, Waiting For Spring, is $3.19. All the proceeds will be donated to Spruce Run, a domestic abuse project here in Maine that provides information and support to all people affected by domestic abuse.

A recently divorced woman trudges out of one small, Maine town and into an even smaller one, hoping to escape her pain. Instead she finds herself surrounded by people who are trudging on, just like her. Waiting for things to get better. Waiting for spring.

Warning: There's lots of salty language in my novel. Lots of sex, too. If it was a movie it would definitely be rated "R."

·
Registered
13,767 Posts
Phoenix Tales is one of the best collections of stories I have read in years. Whether the price changes or not, I recommend it. I delighted that it's coming to Kindlebords attention.

Edward C. Patterson

·
Registered
737 Posts
Came across this last night. Good book for $1.99.

Update 5/18/2009: This book is now #2 on Amazon Kindle bestseller list.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Got this e-mail from Fictionwise:

LAST CHANCE: RAISE SHIELDS - RED ALERT: HUGE SAVINGS ON STAR TREK!

Stardate 05.08.2009: Fictionwise boldly goes were no eBook store has gone before with huge rebates on all Star Trek eBooks! We've set our phasers on SAVE with a truly stunning deal that only a Romulan (or Tribble) would ignore. Beam all your favorite Star Trek characters into your iPhone, BlackBerry, Windows Mobile, or other device and receive a galaxy-sized Micropay rebate when paying by credit transaction. Dammit, Jim, we're eBook retailers not miracle workers, so we can't keep this up for long, don't miss out. Live long and go here: http://www.fictionwise.com/StarTrekSeries.htm to start buying!

- All Star Trek eBooks: 60% Micropay Rebate
http://www.fictionwise.com/StarTrekSeries.htm
- New Star Trek Movie-Tie Pre-Order eBook: 100% Rebate
http://www.fictionwise.com/eBooks/eBook86986.htm?
- All Science Fiction eBooks: Secure Titles: 30% Micropay Rebate; MultiFormat Titles:30% Off

·
Registered
534 Posts
I also posted this in the freebie thread:

This may have been posted here a month or two back, but I just finished it and thought it was worth sharing.
The Found by Genaro Zamora. <<This is the link to the online PDF version.

I posted my review at Amazon, where you can buy it for $1.84 right now. I'll cross post in the bargain book thread.

My review:
This is a good short story with paranormal happenings. It was a fast, entertaining read. I had to start another book after I finished this one at 1am because I was home alone, and I didn't want to have tainted dreams. The story brought to mind elements from Darkness Falls, The Birds and The Mist.

Amazon's posted description:
When a human skull is suddenly discovered by a child, a mystery from the past begins to unfold. A detective grows hot on the case. Another victim is suddenly captured and now, it's up to him in a race of time to capture the murderer before it's too late, no matter how far back, the terror may take him.......

·
Registered
514 Posts
I'm not sure what the cutoff is for bargain books - I think they were under $5, right?. If I'm right, then the following Kindle editions of time-travel romances by Karen Marie Moning seem to be a good deal at $3.99 each:

Kiss of the Highlander

The Dark Highlander

The Immortal Highlander
--added image link. Betsy

They're 4th, 5th, and 6th, in a series, but can be read independently.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Anne said:
Which one would you read first?
Read Kiss of the Highlander first, then Dark Highlander, for the best sequence of events. The first three books in the series (not Kindlized yet - that's why they're not listed here), are less important to the order. Starting with Kiss of the Highlander, it'll keep the sequence better if you read them in order. It's not absolutely necessary, but I'd recommend it. :)

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
BookishMom said:
Gertie, what did you think of Immortal Highlander? I don't like repetition, either. (The only series I've kept up with - past 7 books or so - is the In Death Series.) Should I get Immortal or skip it? It gets pretty good reviews, but I'd rather hear it from someone who doesn't care for a lot of repetition, either.
At the end of Dark Highlander, Adam Black is mentioned. He's part of the Fae world, but sort of a black sheep. Immortal Highlander is about Adam. He was a good character, and the author brings Drustan and Dageus back into the story. Immortal Highlander was a decent read, but with the same type of contrived ending as Kiss and Dark. I'm not sorry I read it; as I said, it was a decent read. I just don't have any desire to continue with the series as I don't think the author has anything new to bring to it.

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Just got this one. A bargain at 99 cents.

Seven novels and stories by Owen Wister, including The Virginian

I haven't looked at it yet, so I can't vouch for the formatting.

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi, another visit from your friendly neighborhood Moderator here...

As part of our ongoing restructuring/rearranging of the Book Corner and the Book Bazaar, we moved Bargain Books (this thread) and the Free Book thread from the Book Corner to the Bazaar, to collocate them with our author-members' promotional threads.

We've also made the decision to keep the author promo threads separate from the Bargain and Free Book threads and make these two threads for member "found" bargains only. We think this makes sense as everything is in one place now in a forum devoted to ONLY announcements of books for Kindle AND gives members a place to post the bargains they find.

Thanks for understanding as we continue to work to make KindleBoards a great place for all of our members!

This is part of "Forum Decorum" which can be found here:
http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,36.0.html

And if you have any questions, feel free to PM me!

Thanks!

Betsy True
Book Corner Moderator

·
Registered
514 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood for $3.95.

For some reason the link maker can't find it when I search. --added the image link. Betsy

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
$.99 Thriller that looks quite good:

http://www.amazon.com/A-Lifetime-of-Vengeance/dp/B001C95SAU/ref=pd_cp_kinc_1

From the item page:
While still in their teens the McKinney brothers enter the world of illicit drug trade. Just as their business appears to be running on auto-pilot, events turn their charmed lives into a living hell. Their friends turn against them and commit an act so heinous that the brothers are forced to leave their home in central Florida. They vow to come back and exact revenge on their friends-turned-enemies. After 6 years of military training they return to Florida to carry out their plan but their plan takes on a life of its own. But their enemies have a new, powerful friend. He's a big player in the central Florida drug trade and he has help from inside the sheriff's vice squad. Will the brothers survive this new threat? Will they carry out their plan and succeed in eliminating their adversaries, or will they forever harbor A Lifetime of Vengeance?

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.