Tulsa, by S.L. Scott. (Still 3.99?)

"There are quite a few plot lines occurring at the same time in Tulsa, which definitely keeps readers on their toes; for some reason, I didn't expect there to be suspense or twists and turns in the story, but that is exactly what S.L. Scott gives readers in the youngest Crow brother's story. And, because she expertly merges all parts of the story line together, none of the events or situations seem out of place, which adds even more depth to the book." -- Amazon Reviewer

A hot new rock star romance that will sweep you off your feet and leave you with a smile from New York Times Bestselling Author, S.L. Scott.

The rumors are true. At least where I'm concerned.

Drummers hit it harder and do it better.

Women love me and I love them. But I like to think of myself as a sensitive soul trapped in a lady-killer's body. Not so surprisingly, I've been called cocky a time or two. What can I say? We can't all be boy scouts.

Nikki Faris has thrown off my rhythm. With her red lips, smart aleck mouth, short skirts, long legs, and blue-sky eyes, the beautiful lead singer has become a complete distraction on this tour.

She loves to give me a hard time when all I want to do is give her the pleasure of my hard-time right back.

Tulsa Crow can save his pick up lines, great eight-pack abs, and cute dimples to use on someone else. My band earned their spot on The Resistance's tour just like The Crow Brothers. I'm not going to blow it getting sidetracked by a cocky rock star that wants to sleep his way through the states. I've been called a name or two, but easy isn't one of them.

But the best intentions with him turn into a walk of shame for me. Only, I don't feel shame. Instead, I'm doing the very thing I said I wouldn't-falling for a playboy.

We make sinful music when we're on the road, but what happens to our melody when the tour ends?

If you've read Spark, or The Resistance, then you must dive into Tulsa where the characters are featured. If you haven't read those books, no worries, Tulsa is a COMPLETE STANDALONE in The Crow Brothers world.

430 pages, with a 4.7-star rating from 206 reviews.

Halorum, by Serdar Aydemir. (Still 0.99?)

"An incredible fantasy of good vs evil. Through his words, Serdar paints a world with characters like no other. Gods that walk the earth, prophets that speak for the gods, ancient orders that uphold the value of the light and kingdoms of men that have their own intrigue. The writing style is action packed and each character's relationships get the reader connected on such a personal level." -- Amazon Reviewer

Book one of the debut fantasy series Halorum.

It has fallen on Master of the Reaper Knights Paulira to save the Kingdom of Halorum, a holy kingdom under siege. If your reading style runs to sorcery and quests and battles between good and evil, this is your book. And even if the fantasy genre is not your favorite, this book might make you a devotee.

Halorum is a holy kingdom. Long ago the message of their gods, the Halorum Knights, passed unto them; live for them and they shall be guided by the Light. And so they praised these unknown gods under the Fatherking as he united the lands into a righteous kingdom while others rejected their very existence. Through the years the realm of man contested their faith with one another, segmenting the once whole kingdom, and failed to foresee the shadow and decay of the Underworld corrupting and possessing those whom lost their faith. As the holy kingdom undertakes the task to withdraw the darkness from their realm with the aid of the Reaper Knights, there rises another malice in the distant lands once held in the Light. King Tarkin will seek the aid of his old friend to vanquish the harbinger of death while the incredibly skilled Paulira is sent on a quest to seek a legend.

Halorum contains sexual content, explicit language, and violence.

241 pages, with a 5-star rating from 3 reviews.

The Naturalist (The Naturalist Series Book 1), by Andrew Mayne. (Still 1.99?)

"I cannot really remember when I realized this book hooked me. But hook me it did. This is an outstanding thriller, which points out what can happen when you are over your head. Oh, and be careful of bears." -- Amazon Reviewer

An Amazon Charts bestseller.

Professor Theo Cray is trained to see patterns where others see chaos. So when mutilated bodies found deep in the Montana woods leave the cops searching blindly for clues, Theo sees something they missed. Something unnatural. Something only he can stop.

As a computational biologist, Theo is more familiar with digital code and microbes than the dark arts of forensic sleuthing. But a field trip to Montana suddenly lands him in the middle of an investigation into the bloody killing of one of his former students. As more details, and bodies, come to light, the local cops determine that the killer is either a grizzly gone rogue…or Theo himself. Racing to stay one step ahead of the police, Theo must use his scientific acumen to uncover the killer. Will he be able to become as cunning as the predator he hunts-before he becomes its prey?

382 pages, with a 4.3-star rating from 5013 reviews.

The Story Sisters: A Novel, by Alice Hoffman. (Still 1.99?)

"The story of the sisters is told from their childhood through adolescents and into late adulthood. Each sister takes a different path but each of them had their sorrows and their successes. The characters feel very real, not just the sisters but also their mother and the other relatives. The plot was fast paced and for me it was hard too put down. This is a great story." -- Amazon Reviewer

From the New York Times Bestselling
Author of The Third Angel

Alice Hoffman's previous novel, The Third Angel, was hailed as "an unforgettable portrait of the depth of true love" (USA Today), "stunning" (Jodi Picoult), and "spellbinding" (Miami Herald). Her new novel, The Story Sisters, charts the lives of three sisters-Elv, Claire, and Meg. Each has a fate she must meet alone: one on a country road, one in the streets of Paris, and one in the corridors of her own imagination. Inhabiting their world are a charismatic man who cannot tell the truth, a neighbor who is not who he appears to be, a clumsy boy in Paris who falls in love and stays there, a detective who finds his heart's desire, and a demon who will not let go.

What does a mother do when one of her children goes astray? How does she save one daughter without sacrificing the others? How deep can love go, and how far can it take you? These are the questions this luminous novel asks.

At once a coming-of-age tale, a family saga, and a love story of erotic longing, The Story Sisters sifts through the miraculous and the mundane as the girls become women and their choices haunt them, change them and, finally, redeem them. It confirms Alice Hoffman's reputation as "a writer whose keen ear for the measure struck by the beat of the human heart is unparalleled" (The Chicago Tribune).

From the Hardcover edition.

338 pages, with a 4.2-star rating from 226 reviews.

"Like" our Facebook page so you never miss a bargain e-book!
Free and Bargain Kindle books, delivered to your inbox:
Subscribe today to our daily e-mail!
(We save you time by curating our selections of bargain books. We filter out books with a less than 4-star rating, or have few reviews. We exclude books that are merely teasers, and generally exclude those that are less than 100 pages in length. Your time is valuable and we strive to find quality for you in your bargain e-books!)