Kindle Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 182 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What bargain prices have you found at Amazon? Please add to the list if you know any.

GREAT PRICES:
$2.95 Shibumi by Travanian
$1.49 The Eiger Sanction by Trevanian
$1.49 The Loo Sanction by Trevanian
$0.95 The Big Sleep by Raymond Chandler
$0.75 Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? by Philip K. Dick
$0.35 I, Robot by Isaac Asimov

GOOD PRICES:
$4.99 The Sunne In Splendour by Sharon Kay Penman (horrible, horrible formating!) $9.99 as of 12/31/08
$4.99 Harlot's Ghost by Norman Mailer $7.96 as of 12/31/08
$4.99 Oswald's Tale by Norman Mailer $7.96 as of 12/31/08

Added links.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts

Plus: Hearing Aid by David Langford

NOTE: Some of these choices came from other posters on the board in other threads, so I can't take full credit, nor can I vouch for the quality of any of the books I listed. I have the first three but haven't read them yet. I've read "Hearing Aid" though (review here).

·
Registered
195 Posts
I recently found a book called "44 Scotland Street" by Alexander McCall Smith for $1.00. It's a really adorable book, and it was originally serialized in the Scotsman newspaper. Easy read at an easy price!

If I can figure out how, I'll post a pic of the cover.

Okay, let's see if I got it right:

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Khabita said:
I recently found a book called "44 Scotland Street" by Alexander McCall Smith for $1.00. It's a really adorable book, and it was originally serialized in the Scotsman newspaper. Easy read at an easy price!
I ordered it. Damn, I have to stop doing that!

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Khabita said:

If I can figure out how, I'll post a pic of the cover.

Okay, let's see if I got it right:

Great job on the cover! If you want to have it smaller, insert width=200 (or another number) in the first [ img] tag as shown below (spaces after [ added to make it readable:

[ url=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FCKKSA?ie=UTF8&tag=kbpst-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B000FCKKSA][ img width=200]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51KNV7YWDZL._SS500_.jpg[/img][/url]http://www.assoc-amazon.com/e/ir?t=kbpst-20&l=as2&o=1&a=B000FCKKSA][ /img]

This book is part of a series of three, the other two aren't as cheap but will probably come down as they get older. All are available on Kindle, I believe.

Betsy

·
Registered
377 Posts
These are the 'bargain' ones (listed in no particular order, btw) I discovered on my own and are of interest to me; some I've already purchased, some I've only downloaded the sample, and some (Ubik and Jitterbug Perfume) are old favorites that I own in DTB format but just had to get into my Kindle:

$1.95 The Talisman
by Stephen King and Peter Straub
$2.50 Ubik
by Philip K. Dick
$0.99 The Secret Garden
by Frances Hodgson Burnett
$0.99 Flatland: A Romance of Many Dimension
by Edwin A. Abbott
$2.95 The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
by Douglas Adams
$0.75 The Wind in the Willows
by Kenneth Grahame
$1.95 Another Roadside Attraction
by Tom Robbins
$1.25 Dying Inside
by Robert Silverberg
$0.69 Not Long Before the End
by Larry Niven
$1.59 The Fourth Profession
by Larry Niven
$1.50 Pebble in the Sky
by Isaac Asimov
$0.99 Shatterday
by Harlan Ellison
$4.50 Jitterbug Perfume
by Tom Robbins

These are the 'bargain' ones I purchased based on recommendations from fellow board members:

$1.98 The Color of Magic
by Terry, Pratchett
$1.25 Dragonflight/Dragonquest
by Anne Mccaffrey
$1.95 The Princess Bride: S. Morgenstern's Classic Tale of True Love and High Adventure
by William Goldman

-X-

·
Registered
377 Posts
By the way, Geemont:   Thanks a bunch for starting this thread - I had been meaning to start one just like it but just hadn't gotten around to compiling my bargain finds list yet.  And now I can't wait to see everyone elses bargain discoveries.   :)

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Just a request: Can you guys link to any books you recommend? Would make life much easier for the rest of us. Thanks.

·
Registered
377 Posts
CS said:
Just a request: Can you guys link to any books you recommend? Would make life much easier for the rest of us. Thanks.
Looks like Betsy has added the links to some from my list. (Thank you, Betsy!) I actually don't know how to do that, but it's high time I learned if I'm going to be hanging out around here. Could someone please tell me where I can go to learn how to do this? Thx!

G

·
CS said:
Oh, I was gonna let Harvey trail behind me turning all by books into Kindleboard affiliate links. Isn't that what we pay him for?

;)

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Xia said:
Looks like Betsy has added the links to some from my list. (Thank you, Betsy!) I actually don't know how to do that, but it's high time I learned if I'm going to be hanging out around here. Could someone please tell me where I can go to learn how to do this? Thx!
I just finished all of yours, Xia! If you click on the Link-Maker in the top menu, it'll take you to a page with more information. Take a look at that and one of us will also post instructions.

Betsy

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Bacardi Jim said:
Oh, I was gonna let Harvey trail behind me turning all by books into Kindleboard affiliate links. Isn't that what we pay him for?

;)
That's right! I feel better when I'm earning my pay. :)

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Let me add a big THANK YOU to everyone who takes the time to post those links to Amazon. I know it adds some steps, but it sure makes it easy for our readers to check out the books on Amazon. And, it helps the site to have those Amazon affiliate links out there.

And a bouquet to Betsy for her quiet, diligent work in adding those links to posts that don't have them already.

For instructions on adding links (both text links and book-cover image links) to your posts, see our Link-Maker page: http://www.kboards.com/link

And let us know if you have any questions about it! Thanks all.

- Harvey

1 - 20 of 182 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.