Kindle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently ran a promotion via BargainBooksy which delivered disappointing results.

They sent me a questionnaire which I answered honestly.

Today they've written to say that they've reviewed my campaign and have refunded me. It wasn't expected - I didn't request a refund, I understand that no promotion can guarantee results - so I'd like to give them a shout out for their decency and good business ethics.

Nice one, Bargain Booksy - good to see people behaving well!

·
Registered
677 Posts
deceangli said:
I recently ran a promotion via BargainBooksy which delivered disappointing results.

They sent me a questionnaire which I answered honestly.

Today they've written to say that they've reviewed my campaign and have refunded me. It wasn't expected - I didn't request a refund, I understand that no promotion can guarantee results - so I'd like to give them a shout out for their decency and good business ethics.

Nice one, Bargain Booksy - good to see people behaving well!
That is a really nice gesture.
I, too, had one that underperformed in early October. I mentioned in the questionnaire that I'd like the series promo option like the one offered by freebooksy. Now THAT one did great for me.

·
Registered
786 Posts
They are all doing poorly, IMHO. I've just had my fourth refund and, yes, Bargain Booksy was one of them. I do fill out the performance forms wherever I can. I never ask for a refund. It IS a totally nice gesture for them to reciprocate. It is very tough out there in a marketing sense. This virus thing is compounding problems. Hail and well met to any author out there who is seeing some decent returns. I failed my first ever application for a BookBub feature ad and reeled in shock. But then I discovered that they claim only about 20% make it through the gate.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts