Kindle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I understand Smashwords can get you into these places and I have used smashwords for that

Though it's my understanding that unless you live in the USA.

You cannot go direct to B&N, Apple and Sony? Is this correct?

If it's true, I would imagine these places are falling behind if they aren't opening up direct publishing on their sites to the rest of the world and people are forced to go through smashwords and deal with Smashwords taking a cut and their distributing issues.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I'm unsure about Apple (as I'm not a Mac user) but no, for B&N, Sony, etc, you have to go through Smashwords or Draft2Digital to get your books onto those sites, if you're a non-US author.

It is a shame that we can't go direct but maybe in the near future. Here's hoping, anyway.

·
Registered
606 Posts
I'm curious about Apple as well. I'm in Canada and applied for a seller's account last Friday, but I haven't heard back yet. I knew we couldn't go direct on B&N but I hadn't heard anything about Apple, so assumed it was okay.

Honestly, I can't remember what I entered into the application. The fact that it went through made me think Canadians could sell directly, but I'm still up in the air.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts