Kindle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Because it takes Smashwords so darn long to update, I assumed I wasn't selling any books at Barnes and Noble. But yesterday I realized that since the book went off FREE around October 21 at B&N, the sales rank has climbed very slowly, and only now has passed 3,500. Which must mean I'm selling a few books over there, right?

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
3500 is a respectable rank over there. My bestseller has sold close to 150 copies on B&N this month, and it's ranked around 10,000. Of course, it depends on how many you sell any given day, and genre might have an effect as well. Still, I'd say you're selling quite a few copies.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I'm glad you started this thread because I have no idea what B&N rank means in terms of sales.

One of my ebook is ranked 8,688 and I'm guessing I must be selling a few copies.  At least I hope so. ;D

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MegHarris said:
3500 is a respectable rank over there. My bestseller has sold close to 150 copies on B&N this month, and it's ranked around 10,000. Of course, it depends on how many you sell any given day, and genre might have an effect as well. Still, I'd say you're selling quite a few copies.
Thank you, Meg. That's very helpful.

150 copies is about what I've sold at Amazon this month. If it turns out that B&N sales are higher, that'll give me a nice little thrill.
:)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Eileen said:
I'm glad you started this thread because I have no idea what B&N rank means in terms of sales.

One of my ebook is ranked 8,688 and I'm guessing I must be selling a few copies. At least I hope so. ;D
So I guess that's a pretty decent rank. Who knew?

I know these are the KINDLE Boards, but it would be great if a few people who have insights on the B&N rankings would share those with us.
;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.