Kindle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
6,006 Posts
I don't Maybe this is why the Kindle application has not been released on the Blackberry. Ah well, I was going to upgrade to a Storm if the Kindle application was released on it. Since it looks like a no go, I guess I will get a different phone.

· Registered
6,006 Posts
Competition is fine. The only reason I was thinking of a Blackberry was for those times that I want to read and I don't have my Kindle with me. If there is not going to be a Kindle application on the Blackberry, then I won't be buying a Blackberry.

I went to Blackberry's website to try and find an email address to contact them at and was not able to find anything that made sense. I figured that they should know that there are folks who are making decisions like the one I am making. I cost them the price of the phone and the service plan that would have gone with the phone. (shrugs)

· Registered
6,006 Posts
The big problem with the IPhone is that it requires an AT&T contract. That is not going to happen. I also think it is over hyped. I have seen them around and I am not all that excited. Then again, I don't want a phone that can do everything.

There are some Blackberry's that can be used with Verizon that I could pick up for under $100. I would be willing to entertain that idea. For the most part, I want to be able to make calls and use it as a GPS unit. Being able to read the occasional paragraph from one of my Kindle books would be an added bonus.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.