Kindle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
92 Posts
akjak said:
Somehow I'm not afraid at all of the Blackberry/B&N partnership. Both losing players desperately trying to stay afloat.

Blackberry is so far inferior to iPhone it's not even funny. Ditto B&N to Amazon.

No threat here.
But even better than that: Competition is GOOD.

I'm glad there are other ways to do things, it makes Amazon work HARDER to make better products, and to provide them less expensively. As consumers, we benefit.

I have an iPhone, and the kindle app. The kindle app would not have prevented me from buying the kindle, but I am glad I have choices. I found myself waiting for some friends, and I had my phone but not my kindle. So I took it out and read a little. (It's PERFECT for the poker book I'm reading which is 2-3 pages to describe a hand, and then another 2-3 pages for another hand.)

· Registered
92 Posts
GeorgeGlass said:
I do not understand the appeal of reading anything of any length on a cell phone screen. I can't do it on a computer screen. Kindle or printed for me. (I'm sure I could read fine on a Sony or whatever else, too, if I had one.)

For the few moments I could stand reading some paragraphs on one, I'd rather just let myself get lost in my thoughts. Or strike up a conversation. Or listen to birds chirp. I don't always have to be doing something.
I, for one, read on a computer screen all day. Not books, of course, but a LOT of words nonetheless. I also read my phone fairly regularly throughout the day for email, txt messages, or even in the web browser. It's actually VERY good.

Sadly though, I AM one of "those" people that always HAS to be doing SOMETHING. I almost never do it, but I like to go fishing. I don't want to actually catch anything, but casting a line into a stream, reeling it in and casting again is the BARE minimum I am capable of doing. So by doing THAT, I can "relax."

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.