Kindle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi again,

You all were so nice to answer my cover question, mind my asking about skinning and shielding?  The DecalGirls skins are all are really nice looking, and I'm tempted to buy one, if anything, to just preserve my K2 from any dings and/or dirty fingers...but I've no clue how "permanent" they are or how hard they are to put on.  Could some of you please be so kind as to share with me your experiences putting the skins on, and once on, if they're removable?  I can imagine putting them on so as to not ruin button functionality might be a pain.

Also, do most K2 users (or K1 for that matter) use any kind of screen protector like the Invisishields?  Are they really helpful/necessary?  Do they degrade the actual e-Ink quality at all?

Thanks for your input!
Oy.

·
Registered
723 Posts
The skins go on fairly well, take your time work with clean ahnds etc and it should be no problem.
They also come off easily and some people remove them so carefully and place them back on the original backing and can reuse them!

The screen protectors are used much less often since they are basically not touch screens. I was going to use one but now that I have a case I decided against it. If your K is case-less I think a  screen protector would be a good idea!

As always,
Eric

·
Super Moderator
67,556 Posts
Skins:  not too bad to put on -- hardest thing is getting the button cutouts OUT of the skin.  Once that's done lining it up is not hard at all.  Pretty easy to remove -- need more care if you want to re-use.  No sticky residue.  Look cool. :)

If you are thinking of using Invisi-shield, be sure to check out the members only section for a special discount. . . . .

Ann

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
The skin really isn't very difficult to put on.  Just be deliberate and take your time.  Be very gentle taking it off, if you want to reuse it again later.  If not, no problem.  ;D

I don't have any kind of screen protector on my screen.  I use a microfiber cloth meant to clean eyeglasses to clean my screen occasionally, or, sometimes, the tail or sleeve of my shirt.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.