Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I love the box - i was wondering about it when I saw the "save the box thread" - I am saving the box.

Bast is currently charging and trying to download content (with only one bar of signal strength, takes awhile)...

He is beautiful and looks 100% new. I do not like the standard cover though.

·
Registered
223 Posts
TM said:
I love the box - i was wondering about it when I saw the "save the box thread" - I am saving the box.

Bast is currently charging and trying to download content (with only one bar of signal strength, takes awhile)...

He is beautiful and looks 100% new. I do not like the standard cover though.
First of all, CONGRATULATIONS!
Second of all, I don't really like the cover either, it doesn't keep the Kindle in that well, and the left flap can't fold back, eliminating a popular book position choice for many paperbacks. Also, putting the K in the cover I pressed next page a hundred times and last my spot in the manual.

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts

Yay, TM!

Head on over to Accessories and check out other cover options! But, until you get a replacement, to keep Bast in his cover, make sure the little plastic tab is well placed, and you can position the elastic over the lower right hand corner of the Kindle. I did that and never had a problem with Eleanor falling out. (Of course, now I have an Oberon cover, velcro edition, and love it!) Also, I always folded the front of the original cover behind the Kindle; maybe I was doing something wrong, LOL!

Hope this helps!

Betsy

·
Registered
223 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
Also, I always folded the front of the original cover behind the Kindle; maybe I was doing something wrong, LOL!

Hope this helps!

Betsy
Oh, well it does fold like that, I just feel like I'm breaking the cover's spine. Which now that I think about it is exactly similar to paperbacks.

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
Your major point, that there are better cover options, was exactly right.  I never had much problem with the original, but that didn't stop me from jumping to an Oberon!  Even if the original is OK, and I know we have members who are fine with it, there are some beautiful, beautiful covers out there!

Betsy

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Micdiddy said:
First of all, CONGRATULATIONS!
Second of all, I don't really like the cover either, it doesn't keep the Kindle in that well, and the left flap can't fold back, eliminating a popular book position choice for many paperbacks. Also, putting the K in the cover I pressed next page a hundred times and last my spot in the manual.
I fold back the left flap on mine all the time! I do not use the elastic to keep the cover closed (as it is never closed), I use it on the bottom right corner of the kindle to help keep it in place. I have had no trouble keeping the kindle in the cover. I do have plans to eventually replace this cover with an Oberon cover as soon as I can save up enough money, but in the meantime, this original cover is working out fine.

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
The original cover was my only disappointment, but I knew it would be when I ordered Little Gertie.  I wanted something that I could prop.  I thought about the Medge, and although it looked like it propped at different angles, it also looked like it took up a lot of room.  My Tuff-Luv filled the bill just fine.  I'm probably going to put something on the front, though.  It's just plain black leather and after seeing all those Oberons, I know Little Gertie deserves better. 

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
WAHOO TM!!!  Welcome Bast!!  Here's to a long and enjoyable relationship!!  I cannot imagine not having MaKK.  It took me about 5 min to know that I was thrilled with my purchase.  No... change that.... I knew the very minute I saw the cool box and hadn't even taken MaKK out yet.  Let us know your thoughts now that Bast has arrived!!

G

·
Congrats on getting Bast so early in the day.  One thing I always do before putting my Kindle in the cover or removing it is put it in sleep mode. 

Any time I stop reading for any little thing, I always put it to sleep.  I rarely ever lose my place that way.

I generally read with it out of the cover but always put it in the cover when I am done.  I don't want my cats gettin the idea that it's a chew toy or something they can sharpen their claws on...a new cat is a lot cheaper than a new Kindle.  ;)

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks ya'll! I am loving bast. Spent a couple hours reading him... and I don't even have to hold him to read... I curled up on my loveseat and out him on the arm of the chair.

I do like reading in the cover (when he is out, I tend to acciendtly hit buttons... plus he is nekkid at the moment).

I am getting the marbled red leather M-edge cover for him (may get an Oberon later - I was looking at their journals and saw a design i loved that is not available as a Kindle cover so waiting to se if it ever will be).

Haven't messed up and lost my page myself, but when the kid came home - he looked at it and hit some buttons (not too hard to find where I was at though)... He says it needs a better cover too!

I love, love Bast! Is so cool! Great way to spend a snowy afternoon - reading my Kindle!

Too bad i have some work i need to get done.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts