Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel really silly asking this, but does Thoth need to be turned on when I'm charging the battery? I turned him off last night and plugged him in, but this morning the battery level is the same... He charged fine when he arrived last friday, but he was turned on...

·
Registered
366 Posts
Shouldn't have to have him turned on while charging the battery.  Most electronics now a days are just fine being turned offf and recharging.

·
Registered
835 Posts
The little light right beside where you plug the charger into the Kindle, was it still lit this morning? When the charge is full, the light goes out. I charge my Abigail every morning and even though she looks like she has a full charge on the screen (the little battery is solid black), she still takes a charge. I know she's done when that little yellow light goes out. And btw, I have Abigail off when I charge her.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll pay close attention to the light tonight. I agree with you thejacklking, that's why I asked.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Last week I charged my camera battery for a class I was taking the next day. Took it off the charger, went to class, popped in the battery and it was still drained. Went home and sure enough, I had failed to plug the charger into the outlet.  ::)

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
pidgeon92 said:
Last week I charged my camera battery for a class I was taking the next day. Took it off the charger, went to class, popped in the battery and it was still drained. Went home and sure enough, I had failed to plug the charger into the outlet. ::)
You know, I think my problem might have been similar...I was looking at Thoth after Suzanne's post and I think I might have plugged the AC into the headphone jack. Duh! :-[

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
mom133d said:
You know, I think my problem might have been similar...I was looking at Thoth after Suzanne's post and I think I might have plugged the AC into the headphone jack. Duh! :-[
Now that's sad! It doesn't even fit there. ;D

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, and I was wondering why they would put it so close to the cover... I'll blame the adult beverages...

Anyway, got a nice light when I plugged Thoth and and hes fully charged again.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
mom133d said:
Yeah, and I was wondering why they would put it so close to the cover...
Hey, I wonder how many people have done this, and then returned their Kindle as "defective?" ;D

·
Registered
552 Posts
pidgeon92 said:
Hey, I wonder how many people have done this, and then returned their Kindle as "defective?" ;D
If that's the case then I would definitely not have a problem buying a refurb ;)

I

·
0 Posts
Another thing you can do, is plug it in to start the charge but forget that the outlet has an on/off switch on the wall that is in the off position.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Vampyre said:
Another thing you can do, is plug it in to start the charge but forget that the outlet has an on/off switch on the wall that is in the off position.
I have done a variation on that a few times... go to turn out the lamp with the wall switch (instead of the one on the lamp itself), forgetting I have something else recharging on the outlet.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Since this thread is about battery charging the last couple of days I have noticed a real problem with my battery.  This Kindle was purchased in November so it is not that old.  Yesterday I noticed that the battery level was way down and I recharged the unit.  Actually it shouldn't have been down since the whispernet was not on nor was the unit on when sitting.  This morning I read on my Kindle for a little while and turned it off.  Again no whispernet.  The battery level this morning was fully charged.  When I returned home this afternoon once again the battery level was down and the unit had to be recharged.  Prior to the last couple of days I had no problem with this unit.  I tried a reset and presently the unit is charging again.  Will wait and see if the reset helps.

Any ideas?

Thanx

John

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
jheydt said:
Since this thread is about battery charging the last couple of days I have noticed a real problem with my battery.
Is the charging light coming on while you have it charging?

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Have you put an SD card in or added lots of new books or both? I have heard that both of these require the Kindle to re-index the content and that can run the battery down, sometimes for a few days, especially if there is alot of content.

L

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
pidgeon92 said:
Is the charging light coming on while you have it charging?
Yes, good to check that. And I am not trying to be insulting, John, but are you sure you are plugging the charger into the charger hole, not the one for the headphones? I have heard of a few folks who made that mistake, too.

L

1 - 20 of 49 Posts