Kindle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I received my K2 Tuesday evening and gave it a full charge. I had whisper net on periodically for downloads over the next few days but not permanently. I recharged Thursday night as I was at half power. Today {sat} I am at about 3/4 battery life and I have had Whisper Net on for maybe 10 minutes since Thurs...

I'm supposed to be able to read for 4 days with whisper net on continuously and 2 weeks with whisper net off. Somehow it doesn't seem like my Battery has that long of a life.....I'm a bit concerned.

How have your batteries been acting?

·
Registered
455 Posts
I am going to give it another week or so before I decide. I have been downloading a lot of books, via Whispernet as well as USB. I know indexing uses a lot of extra battery, so I decided to get all my books loaded, let it index, give it a full charge and see what happens then.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I called  Amazon CS and the guy i spoke to said it doesn't sound quite right.....he had me do a reset and restore the factory default settings- he said recharge it and judge it over the next few days and see if I see an improvement. If not they will overnight me a new one and I can send mine back. Amazon has great CS! :)

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Rechargeable batteries need a few charges before they reach full potential... Give it a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Just a thought, but the scale showing how much charge is left in the Kindle 2 may be about as accurate as the gas gauge in many cars.

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
pidgeon92 said:
Rechargeable batteries need a few charges before they reach full potential... Give it a couple of weeks.
Thanks Pidgeon that is what I was thinking.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts