Kindle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My K1 seems to last forever without wireless, but starts using up the battery mercilessly as soon as I turn wireless on.

How many hours of battery life should K1 have with wireless on? I'm trying to determine if my battery is OK.

Thanks...

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
There were quiet a few K1's that had issues with the batteries. I know that there is a big difference with the wireless on and off.

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
I've had my Kindle since the beginning of November; recently it seems as if it goes down faster if I use Whispernet than it used to.  I recently got my back up battery from Amazon and am thinking of ordering another one.

Betsy

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does anyone leave wireless on all the time? Someone said they did and get 4 days of battery life, but i doubt mine would get anywhere near that. How does one know if a new battery is needed?

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
skanter said:
Does anyone leave wireless on all the time? Someone said they did and get 4 days of battery life, but i doubt mine would get anywhere near that. How does one know if a new battery is needed?
That was me, but I have a k2. I get 3-4 days out of the battery with the wireless on. With the K1 I got about 2 days. I'd just put it on the charger every other night.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
What seems to be the average "endurance" for the following? Doesn't really matter too much but was just curious.  ::)

K1 - Wireless off
K1 - Wireless On
K2 - Wireless On
K2 - Wireless Off

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
ak rain said:
my K2 is being replaced due battery wont last longer then 3 days without WN.
Sylvia
Ugh. That's about mine too. I've assumed it was due to heavy reading though.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
VictoriaP said:
Ugh. That's about mine too. I've assumed it was due to heavy reading though.
No it should last 2 weeks. they first talked me through reset and had me read till K2 asked to shut down due to low battery. If lasted longer then 12-14 days OK if the only 3-4 days to call, so I called. . I would call CS. power outage, road trip, multible other reasons and you would like a longer lasting battery. my opinion anyway.
Sylvia

1 - 12 of 12 Posts