Kindle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi; maybe it's a silly question, but I am just checking out the answer:
at home is it wise for me to use power cord instead of using the battery? and if yes, would that save the battery in any way or it really does not matter..... I heard battery in Kindle is not so good and drain fast and dies in few months.....
which is the best way to use my Kindle while being at my home?
thank you!

·
Registered
829 Posts
personally I only use the power cord to charge it.  I've had mine about 9 months now and have had no issues with the battery at all.  Still only charging about once a week and use it everyday.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Personally I only use the power cord for charging.. 

My reasoning is that no matter how you hold it with the cord it sticks out the bottom..  and the charging tip is fairly slender..  I don't want to risk breaking it off or breaking the power recepter in the kindle itself (though I must admit I havn't heard of any problems like that yet, but better safe than sorry.  esp as I don't have a backup yet.. :> (though I'm looking at a couple of items to remedy that.)

·
Registered
325 Posts
The battery certainly doesn't drain fast in comparison to other devices. I get about a week's reading from a charge (without Whispernet on). It is, however, a good idea to not let the battery run low on a regular basis. The kind of battery in a Kindle does better (i.e. has a longer life) if you keep it more fully charged. Also, leave the Whispernet/wireless off if you're not using it, as the battery will drain faster with it on.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
I only use my power cord to charge once a week. I haven't found the battery drains fast although I only use my Kindle for reading and keep the whispernet off except to download books. I read several times daily and usually have 50% charge at the end of the week.

Linda

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
I am out of the whispernet area so that is no problem for me, but as soon as a little white shows I recharge my battery and have had the same battery for 8 months and read a lot every day.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Cowgirl said:
For anybody who has had to change the battery what happens? Does it start getting slower when you turn the pages or does it just die and won't turn on?
I haven't noticed any difference between fully charged and almost drained as far as reading is concerned. However, I do not use Whispernet unless I have a full charge because I may have 10-12 books or samples waiting to download since I don't download everyday. I have had one lock up to where I had to do a hard reset and the only thing that I could pin point as a problem was that the battery was not fully charged.

I only use the charger just prior to using Whispernet or when I notice that the battery level is less than 1/2 mark.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts