Kindle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a BB travel bag which I love but have noticed its a tight fit if I use my Bobarra Austen cover?  Does anyone else with a Bobarra cover uses a travel bag?  I'm also wondering if I continue using this cover (probably I absolutely love it ) if maybe the original Kindle bag wouldn't be more effective.  I am just looking for a nice way to protect the cover and Kindle while sitting in my wheelchair next to me.  It would also help if I had enough room to slide my cell into it when I go out?
any thoughts?
Misty

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
If I recall correctly from the images I've seen, the Bobarra cover is significantly thicker than many, and I don't believe I've seen exact dimensions for it.  Unfortunately, you probably should have let Melissa know what cover you used, along with the measurements, since the Bobarra isn't a commonly used cover like M-Edge or Oberon. Her bags are sized for the most common covers, typically the ones shown by Amazon on the accessories page.  The original Kindle sleeve is actually smaller than the travel bag, so if you choose to purchase one, be sure to provide her with that info or you won't get the right fit. :) 

Note too that the original bag is not designed to carry anything other than the Kindle itself as it does not have a pocket of any sort.  With a smaller case, there's often room for another object (phone, glasses, etc.) but it's usually a pretty tight fit.  It does have a bit less padding than the travel bag, so it feels less bulky. 

I use the travel bag daily, even if I'm staying at home, to keep essentials nearby at all times.  The original bag stores my power cables for the Kindle & iPhone; it only leaves the house when I fly (it's been great for keep the Kindle actually tethered to me on the plane--I'm a lot less inclined to do something careless like put the K2 in the rear seat pocket when I get up!)

·
Registered
435 Posts
My Bobarra covers came in nice microfiber "sleeper" bags that would be perfect for the use you mentioned.  Didn't you get one with yours?  If not, ask Andrea about it.  She is very nice and very helpful.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LibbyD said:
My Bobarra covers came in nice microfiber "sleeper" bags that would be perfect for the use you mentioned. Didn't you get one with yours? If not, ask Andrea about it. She is very nice and very helpful.
;

Mine did come with a bag...my father quickly stole it however ;D I just may go steal it back if Melissa has no suggestions. Sadly when I ordered the BB I was using my noreve and I didn't anticipate the Bobarra becoming my favorite of the two but so far it has. Which says a lot because I adore my noreve. I'm actually kinda surprised more people are not using bobarra covers more, but I guess that just me.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I have the Bobarra Austen cover and recently got a travel bag.  It's a snug fit but goes in and out pretty easily.  Seems good to me!

·
Registered
149 Posts
I received my Oberon and it was a tight fit for the DX Travel Bag. Melissa is redoing as we speak to make it a little larger. She was kind to offer this to me. I am sure that is what is happening with your bobarra.?

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
she has offered to do another bag for me I just need to take care of some things first

1 - 9 of 9 Posts