Kindle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...which is OK, but I'd really like to get a decent cover with a built-in light. I saw them at Target once but not anymore and I'm wondering what would be the best/best priced of all of them anyway. I'd also like to get earphones for it--is the mini jack a specific one-off size for the Kindle?

Any other goodies I should be blowing my money on? Thanks.

· Registered
145 Posts
I believe the only cover with a built in light is the Amazon cover.  I don't have one, as I personally would rather not use my Kindle's battery to power the light, but everyone I know who has one is happy with it. 

I have several M-edge covers that I really like and I got the elunimator light from M-edge that fits all their cases. 

I don't know if Amazon ever puts the lighted cases on sale, someone else may know.  You could check ebay or the buy/sell/trade section of this board for used ones. 

Lilith

· Registered
2,713 Posts
Amazon is the only one who provides the lighted covers. I have one in hot pink and I love it. I don't notice that it drains the battery excessively. It does add a little weight to the cover, but with the other covers you have to add an external clip-on light so it all comes out about the same. I also have an M-edge cover, and the M-edge eLuminator light, LOVE that light, it's my favorite of all my Kindle lights.

As far as the ear phones, they are a standard size, I just bought mine at Target or somewhere. They aren't a specialty size or anything.

And I love your statement about any other goodies I should be blowing my money on......just wait :) My Kindle is better accessorized than I am. Have you looked at skins? A skin is a very thin vinyl "picture" that you can put on your Kindle, it's decorative more than anything. Take a look at DecalGirl.com, they are my favorite.

· Registered
1,113 Posts
Occasionally there are some warehouse deals on the Amazon Lighted cases but I don't know what shape they are in.  I have the green one but would love the pink or red as well.

The m-edge doesn't have a built in light but some of the cases (capital jacket, Executive) can store a light inside the cover so it is convenient when you need it.  They have many other cover options that use the light but you can't keep it ready to use at a moment's notice.  M-edge does have periodic sales but at the regular price the cover and light are going to be about the same as the Amazon one.  More color and style options than the Amazon but Amazon has the convenience of all in one and no batteries.

I second Patricia's suggestions to check out Decalgirl's collection of skins.  I love the matte finish and being able to personalize my K3.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.