Kindle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is probably an easily answered question, but I wanted to ensure the easiest transition. I have been using the Kindle program on my iPod Touch and have a number of both free and purchased books from Amazon.com. What is the easiest way to transfer my account and all my books to my new Kindle 2 (which I should be getting this week)?

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
I would imagine the best/easiest way would to be doing it through the website on the manage my Kindle page.  You could probably even go there and do it now if your Kindle is already tied to your account.  They do all that before sending it out, so you could have your books beaming out to your Kindle as we speak :)  I'm not sure if they download before or after you get it, but I could swear the purchases I made before my K2 arrived were actually downloaded and ready to go the first time I used it.  Beyond that I believe you can just access your Archive on your K2 when you get it and select them to download from there.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
You don't have to transfer your account, Amazon will add your K2 on it's own. There is an archive feature same as on the app on the K2 and you can use it to download whatever books you are currently reading or want on the K2

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's actually a birthday present to me so I won't be the one purchasing the Kindle. In other words, it won't be purchased using my existing account. Will this be a problem in transferring?

·
Registered
182 Posts
You'll just need to go in to the Manage Your Kindle section on the website and add the new Kindle.  I'm not sure if you can do it from the Kindle itself.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
You will first need to deregister it from the account it is attached to and then register it on Amazon using the "Manage Your Kindle" page. Once you do that scroll down on the page and your books will be listed. You can then send them to the K2. Also, on the K2 you have an archive folder on the home page that you can select your Amazon books to add to your Kindle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts