Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to bring this to anyone who is looking for a good case for the Kindle. I found this case at Target for 19.29. It perfectly fits the Kindle in its cover. It has plenty of cushioning as well as two pockets on the sides to hold SD cards, cords, or power adapters. It also comes with a nice long strap. For only 20 bucks its a steal compared to some cases. The picture is a blue case, but I saw it in red and black also.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Johnald said:
Just wanted to bring this to anyone who is looking for a good case for the Kindle. I found this case at Target for 19.29. It perfectly fits the Kindle in its cover. It has plenty of cushioning as well as two pockets on the sides to hold SD cards, cords, or power adapters. It also comes with a nice long strap. For only 20 bucks its a steal compared to some cases. The picture is a blue case, but I saw it in red and black also.
I resized the image for you, the original is a bit too large. (Removed image.)

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
You can just replace your image with the one I cropped.

I had been looking at that one, but hadn't seen a really good picture. Thanks for finding one. :)

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Nice accessory suggestions, thanks!

An easy way to resize images is to put width=300 or whatever number is appropriate in the first img tag like this:

[ img width=300]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v460/beadhappys/F8N084-THB.jpg[/img ]

(the space after the first bracket and before the last one have been added so the bbc would appear and not the image itself)

200 is good for book cover pictures, 300 or 400 good for most other images.

Betsy

·
Registered
417 Posts
I've been looking at these but haven't purchased one yet. Thanks for the review. I do have a question though, are the adapters and what not squished up against the kindle or is it plenty roomy?

·
Registered
180 Posts
I got the quilted one below at Target last night for $19.99; it's perfect. I'm so glad I did not get the Fbag, almost bought it last weekend for over $50 shipped with strap. This is perfect, it fits the Kindle with the Oberon cover so nicely. I then was able to carry it inside my bag. Also, they have a smooth one that does not come with the removable straps for $9.99, I posted a picture of it also below.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry I didnt get back sooner. The one I purchased has plenty of room for a charger (or two) in the main pouch with the Kindle. I carry an extra AC and a DC Charger in the bottom and then place the Kindle on top of them in its book cover to protect the screen. The Side pockets have my SD card case, usb cable, booklight, and my MP3 player.Yes my friends call it my "man bag" or my "murse" but I don't care! Don't overload the side pockets though, I think the book cover would keep the screen from damaging from squeeze pressure, but I don't want to take chances.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Johnald, thanks for the comments. It looks so slim I was worried about things getting squeezed. Your idea sounds good. I'll have to get one of these cases.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Thanks for the heads up and the photos, I was wondering if it fit with the Oberon, and it looks like it does wonderfully :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought the same case for my Kindle2 in fusia/purple.  It is perfect and better than any of the Kindle specific bags that I had purchased for my Kindle1.  I may return to Target and pick up the blue one too before they are gone.

·
Registered
100 Posts
That looks like a pretty good case for a Kindle, If it's secure enough for a laptop, im sure it will protect a kindle just fine  :)

·
Registered
106 Posts
I bought one of these for my mini laptop (the purple one), and it wasn't until I got home I realized I could use it for my Kindle as well. It actually hasn't gotten much use, since my laptop is usually in my backpack and my kindle is usually on my bedside table, but it was too cute to pass up. I love that it has pockets and a shoulder strap. The cover that came with the laptop is like the non-quilted cover mentioned earlier, and has neither.

·
Registered
9,166 Posts
Looks perfect.  I'll have to try Target on-line.  Living in a small town has its drawbacks - just got back from Target and the kid at the electronics counter said "...like, what's a mini-laptop?"  He also had no idea how to search and see if they could order one delivered to the store.  Guess I'll go back to waiting refreshing UPS tracking for K2.

·
Registered
294 Posts
crebel said:
Looks perfect. I'll have to try Target on-line. Living in a small town has its drawbacks - just got back from Target and the kid at the electronics counter said "...like, what's a mini-laptop?" He also had no idea how to search and see if they could order one delivered to the store. Guess I'll go back to waiting refreshing UPS tracking for K2.
Target's website didnt have them. (sorry!)

I went to Target tonight and got the quilted one that has the strap, but doesnt have the neoprene handle on it. (the endcap was pretty picked over...I wonder if any other Kindle owners had been there before I was?)

The one I got doesnt have any extra pockets in it, but it's the right shade of blue to match my Dark and Stormy Night cover that I got from Strangedog last week. Fits my Kindle like it was made for it, and was pretty much exactly what I was looking for.

I was going to crochet or knit or sew a bag to carry my K1 around, but this was just what I wanted, and the $20 was probably less than I'd have spent for supplies for a handmade bag.

Even without the pockets, I can still get the charger and USB cord in the bag. I'm looking for a book light that folds up flat. I'm returning the Mighty Bright light that I bought at the Border's down the street from me tomorrow. (the MB light wont fit in the bag very well)

I do have a mini laptop, and I tried putting it in the bag to see if it fits, but my mini laptop is an 8.9 incher and is just a little bit too long to fit into the bag. An inch or so sticks out past the zipper. Other than that, the laptop fits in the bag. There isnt any space for power cords or the mouse, or anything else in there tho. But, I dont think my Kindle would like sharing the bag with the laptop anyways.

I'm just amazed at how perfectly my K1 fit in the bag. I cant wait till my dad's K2 shows up (I think it's taking a very slow boat to China and back before it's going to be delivered) I want to see if my Strangedog cover will fit it, or if it'll fit in the Belkin bag. I'm thinking of upgrading to the K2 for my birthday in May if I like my dad's K2.

If the K2 will fit in my Strangedog cover, I wont have to give up that cover (or buy a new cover for the K2) when my K1 gets handed down to my sister.

I wonder if any other owners of a Strangedog cover have tried their Strangedog on a K2? I guess I'll have to do a search of the forum and see if anyone's posted.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts