KBoards.com banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok...so way off topic, I know...but since we're among friends here I thought I could ask.  I was wondering if anyone here has an experience with a belly button ring.  My daughter wants to get one and I was hoping for advice from someone who has one.

Thanks!

·
Registered
19,280 Posts
Spiritdancer said:
Ok...so way off topic, I know...but since we're among friends here I thought I could ask. I was wondering if anyone here has an experience with a belly button ring. My daughter wants to get one and I was hoping for advice from someone who has one.

Thanks!
I got my belly button pierced in 1999, so almost 10 years, now. It took a long time to heal (which is typical). Probably nine months or so. The piercing has actually migrated so it is not really in my navel any more, but above it, but I have just left it.

I have never been big on changing jewelry. I have a captive bead ring, 14 gauge, and just leave it alone.

I have done alot of research on piercings so please feel free to ask away.

L

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
I've had my belly ring almost 10 years also. I agree with everything Leslie said. It takes some time to heal and mine would get easily irritated when I wore jeans but doesn't bother me anymore. I don't change mine either.

·
Registered
19,280 Posts
Linda Cannon-Mott said:
I've had my belly ring almost 10 years also. I agree with everything Leslie said. It takes some time to heal and mine would get easily irritated when I wore jeans but doesn't bother me anymore. I don't change mine either.
Linda, I am amazed at how many things we have in common!

L

·
Registered
35 Posts
No way on the belly button ring for me! If it was my daughter, I would discourage her from getting one. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I just don't see a use for them.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Got one too, had it done on the beach in Mexico I think in 2003 (yes I was sober). Their instructions were to swim in the ocean twice a day, cause salt water helps it heal. Never had a problem. Don't remember how long it took to heal, but wasn't very long. Only bugs me if I'm wearing a waistband that's too high, but with todays fashions that rarely happens.

·
Registered
19,280 Posts
Wicked said:
No way on the belly button ring for me! If it was my daughter, I would discourage her from getting one. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I just don't see a use for them.
I don't know if people remember the famous NYC Thanksgiving trip from a few weeks ago (the one where my daughter had her wallet and passport stolen). She came home from that trip with a septum piercing (septum: the piece of cartilage that separates your nostrils). Frankly, I would have preferred a navel piercing. But, oh well...I've gotten used to it and the one thing with a piercing, you can take it out. As opposed to a tattoo, which is permanent.

There isn't really a point, it is more body art and experimentation.

L

·
Registered
19,280 Posts
bosslady said:
Got one too, had it done on the beach in Mexico I think in 2003 (yes I was sober). Their instructions were to swim in the ocean twice a day, cause salt water helps it heal. Never had a problem. Don't remember how long it took to heal, but wasn't very long. Only bugs me if I'm wearing a waistband that's too high, but with todays fashions that rarely happens.
Salt water is fantastic for healing piercings. I have little salt water wipes which I use when I am "on the go" and can't mix up a salt-water soak.

Even when they act up, ages later, a soak will soothe and comfort.

L

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Wicked said:
I think it is a personal decision for everyone. Some people liked pierced ears and some don't.

Linda

B

·
0 Posts
My daughter has had her naval pierced 3 times. Each time she had trouble with it migrating down. After the last time the guy at the shop told her that her body just would not accept the piercing there, so she had the side of her right nostril pierced instead.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I don't have one yet, but I plan on getting one when I reach my goal weight in March. ;)

B

·
0 Posts
I kept my piercings to 2 (ears), but I do have a tattoo. I would get another in a heartbeat but Jim really does not like them. He had to accept the one I have because it was done prior to our meeting.

1 - 20 of 113 Posts