Kindle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, my friends.  For the first time, I have read the entire New Yorker on my Kindle 2!  The Kindle 2 does expand your reading!

Anyway, this is NOT what I wanted to type about.  Has anyone heard of Ben Hobson?  To know who he is, you should go to the Amazon Kindle's product/reviews page.  His story is fascinating.  I say congratulate him on not just owning a Kindle (that's the least you should congratulate him on actually), but congratulate him on being a wonderful man.  When you read his review, you'll know what I mean. 

His story has not only inspired me, but his story is something to emulate.  Emulate his desire to never give up despite his limitations.  I won't speak for him.  Let him speak to you through his review. 

I hope he could join our Kindleboards.com community.  He would make an awesome addition to the Kindle family...no, he is!  So, my friends, go to his page and congratulate him!  I just thought I'd share.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Ben has posted on the Amazon forum and many people (including me) have commented on his story and invited him to come join us. Hopefully one of these days he'll find his way over here. He really is an inspiration.

He had a great thing in one of his posts about Kindle University -- how he was studying a textbook. It was terrific.

L

·
Registered
392 Posts
Very moving and humbling. Most of us don't realize how really fortunate we are.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm a new Kindle 1 owner so I'm still learning what can and can't be done with the Kindle.

I was very moved by Ben's story.  I know that there is no way I could handle it was well as he does if I were in his shoes.

I would like to buy Ben a few Kindle books.  Is there anyway a person can purchase kindle books for other people or or we limited to strictly purchasing kindle books for our own Kindle?

Thanks for any help anyone might be able to give me. 

If not maybe customer service might be able to help on this special case.

Thanks!

Dallas

·
Registered
54 Posts
Does anyone personally know Ben on this board.  The gift card is a great idea and I hadn't thought of it.

Anyone interested in getting a pool together for Ben and sending it to him anonymously as Your friends from the Kindle Boards along with an invite to join the forum.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I just got off the phone with Amazon Kindle's customer service department asking if there was a way to send Ben a gift card since we know his name, city, and state.  I told them that they could charge my credit card for the gift card and since they know Ben's address and account info they could send it to him without any issues regarding giving out confidential information.

Unfortunately they told me that they are unable to make purchases on behalf of other people or give out this info  to which I replied that they would in this case be doing neither of these things and they told me unfortuantely  that in this case that they couldn't help.

It turns out Ben only lives about 50 miles from me.  Maybe I can do a google search or people finder on him and find his information.

I'm a little bit afraid of going on line and asking for contact information since 1. it might embarass hime and 2. you never know if the person replying is Ben or not.

If anyone might know his street address could you please send it to me via PM so that I can get a card out to him.  He deserves it!

Thanks!

·
Registered
54 Posts
I just sent Ben and email through the invite a friend feature on Amazon.  I also sent him a link to the Kindleboard.

Ann would I have to know his Amazon account number  or handle in order to find out his wish list?

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
I believe I read something from him back when he got his first Kindle and I was inspired.  How exciting that K2 has made his reading easier. 

1 - 14 of 14 Posts