Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, Some benifits I hadn't thought of before I bought my kindle...

1. Those big, heavy books (The Stand, Pillars of Creation, Atlas Shrugged, etc.) are so much easier to read on my thin, light Kindle!

2.  My kids can't see the covers of my books!  (There are some I used to have to hide from them ;).  Now they only see THAT I'm reading, not WHAT I'm reading!

What else?

·
Registered
165 Posts
No more "fear of nothing to read" syndrome.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
1. I have a book with me all the time. So if I suddenly end up in a line at the drive-through, I can just pick it up and grab a few quick minutes of reading.

2. I subscribed to the New York Times on a trial basis when I got my Kindle, thinking for sure I'd cancel it after the 14 day trial. I never expected to love it as much as I do. I look forward to reading the paper every morning. I feel more up to date on the news than I have been in years!

Leslie

·
Registered
509 Posts
Very similar to Mom of 4's comment: I was given Legacy of Ashes in paperback as a gift from my brother-in-law. I honestly hated holding the huge, thick book and bought the Kindle edition instead. Now I have a brand new paperback to give to someone else this holiday. Don't tell my brother-in-law!

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I was thinking the same thing. My daughters won't know what I'm reading.  ;)

I often receive a package from Amazon.com and my daughter will say "Books again, mom." Now, they won't know how much books I'm buying.  ;D

·
0 Posts
No more bookshelves.

No more having to pack boxes of books when I move.

Having hundreds of books in my hand.

Never having to go to book stores anymore.

Having the newspaper delivered every morning and 5 magazines delivered every month.

I love this thing!

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
Well, I'm pretty sure I'll never get rid of books and bookshelves in the house completely.  And I still love to browse bookstores and may even buy a paper book if it's not available for Kindle.

I do read the newspaper more -- or, at least -- more of the newspaper.  I never liked the inky pages of a paper paper and am only comfortable reading from a computer screen for so long.

But I have an eye appointment coming up and I hope to be able to read while my eyes get dilated!  We'll see.

Ann

1 - 7 of 7 Posts