Kindle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very sad day in romance land.

For those that don't read romance or never heard of her, Sarah from SBTB put up a blog post up.

http://smartb*tchestrashybooks.com/2015/02/bertrice-small-1937-2015/

I like how Sarah puts it in the post, Bertrice Small pushed the envelope 30 years ago with what some think is being pushed today in romance and erotica romance. Her books are the ones that take you on a memorable ride.

I am glad she could at least get her lifetime achievement award before she died, but she wasn't able to attend.

eta: can't make a direct link because of the filter on KB. Just put a "i" for the *.

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
I loved her Skye O'Malley series, especially the first two books. Very steamy stuff but she tells a great story.

Guilty Pleasures is one that any woman who's been done wrong by a man should read. Very, very, very steamy.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Atunah said:
Very sad day in romance land.
Bertrice Small pushed the envelope 30 years ago with what some think is being pushed today in romance and erotica romance. Her books are the ones that take you on a memorable ride.
Thank goodness for her and so sad to hear she is no longer with us.

·
Registered
12,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am going to read The Kadin by her. I found that at the library. I wanted Blaze Wyndham but its not at the library and the kindle version is over $12  :eek:. Ouch. I put it on price watch though.

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
Yes, I remember her being a Big Name in the historical romance field, back when it seemed to be a very narrow field.  I'm not sure I ever read too many of her books, though, as they weren't quite my cup of tea.

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Atunah said:
I am going to read The Kadin by her. I found that at the library. I wanted Blaze Wyndham but its not at the library and the kindle version is over $12 :eek:. Ouch. I put it on price watch though.
I found it on Scribd and added it to my library. It will be my next read. Sounds like classic Bertrice Small. It's been a long time since I read anything "new" by her. New to me, that is.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts