Kindle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any great book recommendations for books under $3.00 on Kindle? I'm mostly interested in fiction and I can't read a book that is more than 300 pages without getting bored.

·
Super Moderator
67,396 Posts
Have you checked the "Bargain Book Finds" thread at the top of the Book Bazaar: http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,141148.0.html

Bargains in that thread are defined as under $5.

There are also a couple of floating threads in the Bazaar proper where member-authors will post their books priced under $3 and under $1.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I hope this doesn't come across like a newbie, but are the free books as well written as the ones you pay for?

I just got my Kindle. I have never bought fiction books, but borrowed them from the library (years ago).

I have bought many non - fiction books used off ebay and thoroughly feel I got my money's worth.

*~*Amy*~*

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
You can always try them and then delete them from your device if you do not like them. 
deb

·
Registered
10,391 Posts
__Amy__ said:
I hope this doesn't come across like a newbie, but are the free books as well written as the ones you pay for?

I just got my Kindle. I have never bought fiction books, but borrowed them from the library (years ago).

I have bought many non - fiction books used off ebay and thoroughly feel I got my money's worth.

*~*Amy*~*
In some cases you get what you pay for, and sometimes you get lucky. Also, there are many classics in the public domain which can be had for free. Also, if you keep your eye on the Kindle Daily Deals page, you can often find some great (though not free) deals, generally at $1.99.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
It's hard to recommend books without a genre specified...I read mysteries, fantasy, urban fantasy and a few tough guy thrillers thrown in. I have two pages on my blog for bargains I've found that were under 5.

http://www.bearmountainbooks.com/category/favorite-reads/bargain-reads/

Most of the posts include a review of some sort. I have read all of the books except where I specifically say it is reviewed by someone else or was highly recommended by so-and-so (and that means someone I know, whose opinion I trust.)

Some of the books were free when I downloaded them and I think two or three of them are still free (the Amanda Hocking comes to mind...Calamity Jane...Hal Spacejock).

·
Registered
12,722 Posts
__Amy__ said:

*~*Amy*~*
Usually the free books I get go back up in price the next day. Agreeing with the suggestion of JA Konrath, Blake Crouch and Jack Kilborn. I got most of them on free day. Besides if you don't like a free book, you can always delete it and you haven't lost anything. I also like Larry Hill.

·
Registered
952 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts