Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tried them ALL.. and I mean ALL.. I primarily read in low lighting once at home.. and need a booklight.. I have tried the lightwedges.. both sizes.. and all the attachable booklights.. most of the booklights you can see the light shining in your face at the same time as illuminating the pages.. but the MIGHTY BRIGHT does not have any illumination on the "front" only the "bottom". I just flip the M-Edge cover back and attach to back cover and it works great.. so for my money... and extensive testing.. I am sticking with:

link

Also note they have a new version out Mightybright 2 that has a low beam and a high beam.. which I have not tried yet.. it was tough for me NOT to order one.. but I got 4 of the above.. so decided once I NEED another I would get that one to try out..

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Thanks for that post as I have that light on order.  I have done no research.  Too Lazy.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I just wanted to add I like the Mighty Brite XtraFlex2.  I think its the same thing with the low beam and the high beam option.  Also for those with a JoAnns in their area (fabric store) you can buy them there with those 40-50% coupons that show up in the paper.  My Joanns sells them normally for $16.99, so I was able to get one for 50% off -- yay!!

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
I have the Mighty Bright, and like it OK, but I get a little glare.  I like the Lightwedge!  Isn't it great that we can each find the right light for us?  I have plenty of uses for the Mighty Bright, though!

Betsy

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
After raving about my little booklight I bought in Germany, I just tried to turn it on and it appears the battery is pretty close to dead! I have been carrying it around in my purse and I am wondering if the on/off switch got accidentally pressed. It is supposed to have 30 hours of battery life and I know I haven't used it anywhere near that amount of time.

I am debating what to do. Buy new batteries or just buy a whole new light? I saw it for sale at Amazon for $5.99 with free shipping...that might be less than a new set of batteries.

L

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Leslie said:
It is supposed to have 30 hours of battery life
30 hours doesn't seem like a lot. What sort of batteries are they? Hearing aid batteries are pretty cheap at Target, and they carry them with multiple batteries in the pack.

I haven't done any booklight research, but I think my preference would be one that is rechargeable, or would take AA or AAA which I would fill with rechargeables.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
pidgeon92 said:
30 hours doesn't seem like a lot. What sort of batteries are they? Hearing aid batteries are pretty cheap at Target, and they carry them with multiple batteries in the pack.
That was one of the complaints about this light at the Amazon reviews. Since I use it only in "emergencies" (ie, not every night to read in bed) I figured 30 hours would last me a good long time. But like I said, I think I must have run them down accidentally in my purse.

It uses CR2450 batteries.

L

·
Registered
695 Posts
I have the Mighty Bright Flex2 and it works great!  It can cause a bit of a glare if you angle it the wrong way but it's very flexible and easy to adjust.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I agree. I have one and it took a little moving around to get it right but it works great, without any glare. It was like $13 at Barne's N Noble.

·
Registered
776 Posts
I LOVE my mightybright flex 2!  When I was debating on buying mine, another owner suggested that I get the black one instead of one of the cooler looking colors.  I'm happy I listened to her (Esme or Deborah on the other site) because, as she said, the black really fades away and becomes unnoticable.  She had a silver one, and always noticed it out of the corner of her eye.

·
Registered
829 Posts
I have the new version with the bright and dim light.  I love it.  Use it everynight - have had the light for a couple months and haven't had to replace the batteries yet.  It just keeps going and going and going....

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Kirstin said:
I have the new version with the bright and dim light. I love it. Use it everynight - have had the light for a couple months and haven't had to replace the batteries yet. It just keeps going and going and going....
Kinda like that Energizer Bunny ;-p Any glare issues?

·
Registered
829 Posts
chynared21 said:
Kinda like that Energizer Bunny ;-p Any glare issues?
8) don't knock the bunny - he's cute!

no glare issues at all :)

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Kirstin said:
8) don't knock the bunny - he's cute!

no glare issues at all :)
He looks like he's covered in Pepto Bismol ;-p

I have a flex neck light...don't remember the brand but I can't for the life of me find a good place to place it without a glare.

·
Registered
829 Posts
chynared21 said:
He looks like he's covered in Pepto Bismol ;-p

I have a flex neck light...don't remember the brand but I can't for the life of me find a good place to place it without a glare.
I did the bendy thing and adjusted for awhile until I got it just right. now I know the sweet spot to put it.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
I have a light on order with my Vizu cover, but I don't know what kind it is!! It came as a package and the light normally sells for 14.99.
Thanks for the info, Lizbeth and welcome!

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I have the mighty bright 2 and I love it. I read in low light at home also...and in bed at night...so this has been a necessity for me. used other kinds before Kindle and they were so-so. I love the fact that I can use just the 1 light on it, I do this all the time, the 2 lights are too bright at night as I'm winding down for sleep. I also think that when the one light burns out, I can still use it with the one other light...so two for the price of one (hopefully). If you have the original mighty bright, don't be in a hurry to toss it aside for the mb2...the mb is just brighter, and just as good.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was just looking at these lights and the Black one says it's the Kindle version, but it seems like all of the XtraFlex2's are the same with different descriptions.  Is there anything that differentiates these booklights that makes them better for the Kindle??  The black one (kindle version) is back-ordered but they have, what looks like, the same light in different colors, cheaper, all in stock??

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have the mighty bright that you can "dim", but in my opinion the dim setting isn't very much different from the regular setting. I really like this light though. I found I had to move the head around a bit and angle it just right to prevent a glare, but it's not too bad.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts