Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered my Merlot Oasis and it is due to arrive by May 2. I canceled my order with Amazon and the Sept. 8 arrival date!

update 4/28: both Walnut and Merlot were available but Merlot is now sold out -- Ann
update a little later on 4/28: looks like Merlot is back, delivery next Friday or so (thanks, janita) -- Ann

update 4/29: Merlot is sold out -- Ann

update 4/30: All 3 colors showing sold out -- Ann

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
Thanks sbell1 . . . . Just checked and I can order for pick up on May 4 . . . I may have to do that if my Amazon order doesn't switch to something sooner than June 21.

·
Registered
16 Posts
sbell1 said:
I just ordered my Merlot Oasis and it is due to arrive by May 2. I canceled my order with Amazon and the Sept. 8 arrival date!
Thanks for the information! Does anyone happen to know if the return policy for Kindles and Best Buy is different that Amazon?

·
Registered
34 Posts
HakunaMatata said:
Thanks for the information! Does anyone happen to know if the return policy for Kindles and Best Buy is different that Amazon?
Last year I purchased the Voyage from BB, used it for a couple days, decided that it wasn't worth the extra money over my PW2, and returned it with absolutely no problems. They're pretty good about returns, much like Amazon.

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
I had a mid-August delivery date for a Merlot wi-fi Oasis with Amazon, to be paid in 5 installments with Amazon GCs. The shipping date hasn't moved a bit so I just canceled that and ordered through Best Buy and even ponied up for the express delivery so I can get it at the office on Friday. If I'm going all-in and paying upfront, what's another $20 shipping to have it for this weekend? :p (Well, I haven't canceled Amazon yet, I'll wait until I have the one from BB in my hands to make sure it's a good one...y'know, just in case.... ;D )

·
Registered
16 Posts
ezzkmo said:
Last year I purchased the Voyage from BB, used it for a couple days, decided that it wasn't worth the extra money over my PW2, and returned it with absolutely no problems. They're pretty good about returns, much like Amazon.
Good to know, thanks!

·
Registered
181 Posts
I broke down and ordered from Best Buy.  Delivered to my door Friday and six months same as cash. 

·
Registered
258 Posts
I did it, too! I just ordered the merlot, and should have it on MONDAY! EEK! So much better than June 25th! My Amazon ship date didn't move up, and I don't want to wait 2 full months to get mine, plus my PW has died and I'm not a huge fan of reading on my iPad.

I will wait to cancel my amazon order, though, just in case!

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
I, too, jumped on the BB wagon. I'm disappointed that Amazon can't get me my preferred configuration until the latter half of June, when I can get it from BB by Monday. Probably sooner if I'd paid extra. It does mean a slight budgeting adjustment as I had GC credit that would have covered it through Amazon but I've had to put it on my CC at Best Buy. Once I have it in hand, I will cancel the Amazon order.

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
Just think of it as your birthday present to yourself, Ann.  ;)

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
Steph H said:
Just think of it as your birthday present to yourself, Ann. ;)
It is EXACTLY that! The original Amazon delivery had it coming on my HUSBAND's birthday, which seems so wrong. :D

·
Registered
155 Posts
Our original merlot order had a September arrival date (we didn't order on launch day).  So I canceled and ordered black which had an original arrival date of 5/16, but it's arriving tomorrow.😄  To those of you who are scoring the merlot, congrats.  It is very pretty!

·
Registered
710 Posts
Looks like the Merlot sold out, just as I had suspected. I ordered mine yesterday, as soon as I had heard.

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
Annie said:
Looks like the Merlot sold out, just as I had suspected. I ordered mine yesterday, as soon as I had heard.
*Whew* Glad I ordered last night, I almost waited until this morning....

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
Steph H said:
*Whew* Glad I ordered last night, I almost waited until this morning....
Me, too . . . . I just REALLY want the merlot . . . . ::)

·
Registered
568 Posts
Well I ordered my first WiFi only kindle last night from Best Buy,  just in time!  Will get it on Friday.  Oasis Merlot :)

1 - 20 of 47 Posts