Kindle Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
Just got my Best Buy shipping notice for my Merlot WiFi only....woot!  8)  It'll be here at the office tomorrow....yayness.

Amazon, meanwhile, still shows August 15....lol

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
Steph H said:
Just got my Best Buy shipping notice for my Merlot WiFi only....woot! 8) It'll be here at the office tomorrow....yayness.

Amazon, meanwhile, still shows August 15....lol
Mine is "Awaiting UPS pickup". :D

Met up with Betsy for lunch and got to fondle hers -- I'm not convinced I'm going to love the Oasis as much as I love my Voyage, but it sure is a nice device. I do expect I'll keep it and will sell my PaperWhite . . . .

·
Registered
507 Posts
Ann in Arlington said:
Mine is "Awaiting UPS pickup". :D

Met up with Betsy for lunch and got to fondle hers -- I'm not convinced I'm going to love the Oasis as much as I love my Voyage, but it sure is a nice device. I do expect I'll keep it and will sell my PaperWhite . . . .
mine was in that status for quite awhile and didn't update to picked up by UPS till almost 10PM and I only checked it every half hour ;D good luck...

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
The Merlot is available again at my Best Buy. Now I'm on the fence again. They aren't in the store until May 7th. I get the black on the 4th. I may just go by there and look at the Merlot and see if I like it better.

·
Registered
568 Posts
FYI Merlot shows sold out again on the Best Buy website :(

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
The 4g probably means the 4 gigabyte of space.

PS - Best Buy online shows the Merlot back in stock, at least when I look....delivery not until May 9th though.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Steph H said:

PS - Best Buy online shows the Merlot back in stock, at least when I look....delivery not until May 9th though.
How can I find out if it has 3G and not just wireless.
Thanks.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Glad I ordered my Merlot Oasis from Best Buy first thing this morning.  I almost ordered last night but wanted to sleep on it.  I caved and paid the 9.98 for express shipping so I could have it delivered Monday. 

Thanks to all those who posted here about Best Buy having the Merlot available.  I really wanted that color after seeing the beautiful pics, but didn't have the patience to wait for one from Amazon.  ;D

·
Registered
4 Posts
amyberta said:
How can I find out if it has 3G and not just wireless.
Thanks.
It appears that Best Buy only has the Wi-Fi models right now. One indicator is the price. All three colors are listed at $289.99, which is Amazon's price for the models without 3G. Also, if you click on the "specifications" tab on each product page, the internet connectivity is listed as "Wi-Fi".

·
Registered
528 Posts
stuart_h said:
It appears that Best Buy only has the Wi-Fi models right now. One indicator is the price. All three colors are listed at $289.99, which is Amazon's price for the models without 3G. Also, if you click on the "specifications" tab on each product page, the internet connectivity is listed as "Wi-Fi".
Thanks Stuart, I just spoke to someone in Best Buy, it probably won't come in until the second week in May. :(

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
Steph H said:

I just checked it, in my area, at least, it's still showing sold out.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I ordered the merlot 3G from Amazon, but I won't get it until July 15-18th. I'll keep checking with Best Buy
to see if I can get it earlier and if I can, I'll cancel with Amazon.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Does anyone know if you need to be there and sign for Best Buy orders, or will they leave it if you're not home? I don't usually order big things from BB!

·
Registered
6,216 Posts
I just looked on the Best Buy site and it only showed merlot and walnut, but there was no option to buy online at all.  No shipping and no store pick up. 

21 - 40 of 47 Posts