Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I work for a karate school.  I put my kindle in my gear bag, and there is always a risk my bag will be stepped on, or kicked, etc.  I'm thinking about getting the M'Edge cover.  Will it provide any shock protection for Kira?

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Probably not any more than the stock cover. You would probably do better with some sort of hard case for it. Or at least something with a lot of padding.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
To play it safe I would attempt to put my bag where it wouldn't get kicked or stepped on or take my Kindle out of my bag and put it in a safer place.  :)

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
look at a pelecan case. I have one for my ipod (with velcro straps to hook to bike and ear jack on outside. and laptop. they are waterproof and very solid but also heavy.
Sylvia

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
The Kindle will not survive that kind of abuse.  Would you leave a laptop in a place where it could get kicked or stepped on?  The Kindle is probably more fragile (the cover is not metal).

·
Registered
869 Posts
sylvia said:
look at a pelecan case. I have one for my ipod (with velcro straps to hook to bike and ear jack on outside. and laptop. they are waterproof and very solid but also heavy.
Sylvia
Sylvia -

Would you mind posting a link or even a picture of this bag? I'm really interested in seeing it.

Thanks,

Marci

·
Registered
869 Posts
lexie22 said:
I work for a karate school. I put my kindle in my gear bag, and there is always a risk my bag will be stepped on, or kicked, etc. I'm thinking about getting the M'Edge cover. Will it provide any shock protection for Kira?
Try this looking at this item @ Amazon

Don't let the picture fool you. If you click on the photo, you will find another picture of a customer who put his Kindle and other accessories inside it.

Good Luck,

Marci

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
lexie22 said:
I work for a karate school. I put my kindle in my gear bag, and there is always a risk my bag will be stepped on, or kicked, etc. I'm thinking about getting the M'Edge cover. Will it provide any shock protection for Kira?
With the exception of Pelican cases, which are made to withstand substantial abuse, I'm not convinced any of the suggestions here would offer enough protection for a Kindle if it were stepped on or kicked. Bumping or some shoving, tossing in the back of the car perhaps, but not what you described. In addition, there needs to be a lot of padding in your case, else a hard shot could still damage the Kindle (think shaken baby syndrome).

The pink case Kathy posted does say it's a EVA hard shell cube carrying case, and it's cute and a great selection of colors, might be interested in one for my Acer if the power supply for the Acer Aspire One fit in it too.

One of the customer reviews said of the Case Logic case "This case itself is not as padded as I would have liked for a travel case."

Vegas Asian's case which holds the Kindle in its cover is great, and would hold up to most normal abuse, but again, I'm not convinced it would hold up if someone stepped on it.

At a minimum, get a Pelican or similar hard case; but best to keep Kira out of harm's way. Do you want to take a chance?

Betsy

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Gables Girl said:
I have one of these and it works well and provides more protection than just a cover.

Glad to hear from someone who has one. Would you be willing to kick a gear bag with your case with your Kindle inside? (Still think it's awfully cute, my Acer Aspire wants one.)

Betsy

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
Glad to hear from someone who has one. Would you be willing to kick a gear bag with your case with your Kindle inside? (Still think it's awfully cute, my Acer Aspire wants one.)

Betsy
Haven't done that, but did have it drop it out of the back of an SUV onto concrete and it came through fine. :)

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
There you go, Lexie, quite an endorsement, indeed.  These cases might be the answer for you.

Gables Girl, do you have a picture of the case with your Kindle in it?  How much space around the Kindle is there when it is in the case?

Betsy

·
Registered
103 Posts
Just a thought, but I totaled my car (wrapped the engine of a Chevy Cavalier around a steel light pole at 50 MPH) and my Kindle in the stock case was in my purse. I was pretty injured, but my Kindle is fine. My purse was thrown from my backseat into my front floor board area.

So the stock case must be pretty sturdy. Guess it would be different if I kicked it though.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts