Kindle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Perhaps the Mods will allow us to show off new hash tags on twitter?

I typed in one for To Be read piles and there is a thread going for it

#TBR

And I found this-

http://www.authormedia.com/44-essential-twitter-hashtags-every-author-should-know/

And.... how come certain celebrity types are able to get hundreds of thousands of followers or even millions of followers and I have to sit and wait for a number of followers to follow Me before I am allowed to add more to my own measly number- which currently sits at 1363- it's slightly annoying

Reveal some secrets folks!

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
FrankZubek said:
Reveal some secrets folks!...
I stopped spending time on both twitter and facebook for book promotion. I go there for entertainment but I've found them ineffective. A few others have had success. I've switched to doing promotion at goodreads. Build a following there and you're golden. If you're over there send me a friend request and/or join a couple of the groups I mod (one for ARCs the other for free download promotion, you can find them in my author profile there). goodreads rule for authors: be a reader over there first and soft-sell your books, most readers there like to stalk their favorite or curious authors.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On my way there now thanks so much (Yeah I have been thinking of dropping down participation on twitter as it seems like just a TMZ -ish social media thing---- at LEAST for my genre which is lit fic)

Heard good things about Goodreads- time to re-focus

1 - 3 of 3 Posts