Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
12,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Totally pointless but fun question here: what's your favorite kind of pizza? Me, pepporoni. Hubby does sausage. And my favorite place to get pizza is Pizza Hut. Love those limited time dippin' strips they keep teasing me with. Wish they'd make them a permanent thing.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
My son makes a killer pizza...very, very thin crust, sauce that's not too sweet. I love it with sausage and green peppers.

I love Pizza Hut's Supreme (minus the killer mushrooms) but we don't have one near here :(

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
I looove lobster pizza. They serve it at a bar near where I went to school. It's amazing!

I also love Mediterranean pizzas, with artichoke hearts, roma tomatoes, kalamata olives, and feta. Mmmmmm...

·
Registered
876 Posts
Dara England said:
Totally pointless but fun question here: what's your favorite kind of pizza? Me, pepporoni. Hubby does sausage. And my favorite place to get pizza is Pizza Hut. Love those limited time dippin' strips they keep teasing me with. Wish they'd make them a permanent thing.
Tomato and mozzarella from scratch. Once you make your own dough, nothing else tastes good and toppings ruin the flavour. :)

·
Registered
6,664 Posts
Unfortunately for me, I am now gluten and dairy free due to health reasons.  But back in the day when I could anything, I would eat deep dish pizza.  However, the idea that we Chicagoans only eat Chicago-style pizza is a misnomer.  We actually tend to like the big thin crust, New York style more.  The deep dish stuff is for the tourists.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Best pizza in the world is [Ledo Pizza's hawaiian pizza (their sauce is super good and a very, very thin crust), followed by Godfathers meat lovers type pizza with a pan crust.  Then I guess pizza hut (which is the only one of the three that we have where I live  :( )

·
Registered
711 Posts
I've yet to meet a pizza I didn't enjoy, but....Fleur de Lis in Baton Rouge http://www.fleurdelispizza.com/ is my all time favorite - despite how the sign reads it is in no way a cocktail lounge. It is family friendly and they only do pizza. Vegetarian is my favorite but Round the World is great, too. After much taste testing :D I think it's the olive oil used in the crust that is to die for. I've tried using olive oil in my homemade crusts and love them but it's not the same as Fleur de Lis - maybe it's the specific type olive oil?

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
My favorite?  Cheese, pepperoni, jalapeno peppers, crushed red peppers, and cajun crust.  Only got to order a pizza like that once before, and my family made me take the entire thing home with me.  For some strange reason I cannot understand, no one else wanted to touch it. 

·
Registered
6,329 Posts
Mariella's pizza in NYC and Freddie's in Long Branch, NJ.  Haven't been to Freddie's in many, many years, but it's still there.  Long Branch is a great place for pizza and subs, or anything else that is Italian.

·
Registered
20,440 Posts
mlewis78 said:
Mariella's pizza in NYC and Freddie's in Long Branch, NJ. Haven't been to Freddie's in many, many years, but it's still there. Long Branch is a great place for pizza and subs, or anything else that is Italian.
Hey, Mlewis, have you tried the bbq chicken or buffalo chicken at Justino's?

I love those.

·
Registered
6,329 Posts
No, I've only had Justino's pizza slices, and a little too late in the evening for them to be fresh.

Do you mean bbq chicken pizza or just the chicken?  Just noticed a few days ago that Global Kitchen (W. 52nd -- only use this place when I work in the same building) has bbq chicken on pizza and it looked good.  Haven't tried it.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts