Kindle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Not counting BookBub, which promotional sites have been working best for you?
I've got my book in at Fussy and applied for ENT, for a promotion in late November. Just looking for opinions and wondering if I should consider any other sites?
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
409 Posts
I've had decent results with Bargain Booksy, BookSends and Book Cave. BKnights is a bit hit and miss these days but it's cheap.

·
Registered
570 Posts
The yoozh. Add Robin Reads, Bookdoggy, Book Barbarian, Many Books to the list. See Nicholas Erik's website. It's my go to when I forget sites.

They haven't changed much in delivery over the past two years for me.

Interestingly, Robin Reads does okay , but is very expensive and you need to book a month in advance. ENT virtually always performs 2nd after BookBub.

I had a terrible run with BKnights a year ago and stopped using them. Then ... I tried once more. I use them all the time again. I've learned that you should pay extra for their newsletter for best results.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys - will check into those.
Curious to see how they perform as I suspect that the vast majority of the recipients of those mailouts are just looking for freebies. As a relatively new writer, one of the first lessons that I've learned is that it's an investment. LOL
Cheers

·
Registered
899 Posts
For me, I've had the best luck for $0.99 countdowns with (in order of success):

ENT
Bargain Booksy
Robin Reads
Fussy Librarian
eReader IQ
Book Gorilla
Many Books
Book Sends
Free Kindle Books & Tips
OHFB
Book Adrenaline (thrillers)
Book Cave

BKnights is really for free books, but i have to say, the last time I used them for a free promo, the results were very lackluster. The rest of the promo sites are, for the most part, a waste of time and money.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Eskimo and all,
I have signed up for Bargain Booksy and Robin Reads to go along with ENT and Fussy.
Might do more yet...

·
Registered
37 Posts
For a 99p promotion you can do Book Angel for free. They only do U.K., but if you do a .99 Countdown deal, I see no downside to also doing 99p.
Snicks List was also free the last time I checked. Your listing is posted permanently, but you can do the .99 adjustment any time you want.
Humanmade is a .net site that will also let you list your book for free, or you can pay $3.99 to get a deal more exposure.
Hope that helps!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Thalstead!
I used Book Angel once before but had forgotten about them. Will look into it + the others you suggested.

My lineup now includes
Fussy Librarian
Bargain Booksy
Book Doggy
Book Sends
Book Cave
ENT - waiting for confirmation (maybe my cover scares them or something)
will add Book Angel

Will follow up and post results for posterity.

·
Registered
570 Posts
That's a great line up, Marco. Good luck!
ENT has consistently taken a week to respond to me.
You might want to add a free try with Reading Deals. They're expensive, but I've actually paid a few times and seen results. And I'm really thrilled when they take my book for a free submission.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Marco de Hoogh said:
Thanks Thalstead!
I used Book Angel once before but had forgotten about them. Will look into it + the others you suggested.

My lineup now includes
Fussy Librarian
Bargain Booksy
Book Doggy
Book Sends
Book Cave
ENT - waiting for confirmation (maybe my cover scares them or something)
will add Book Angel
Sorry if I got here too late, but this may just reflect my experience with the promo sites.

I've gotten the best results with ENT and Fussy, and this has been consistent over an extended period of time. Bargain Booksy hasn't done as well recently but again, that could just be my experience. For free books, eReaderIQ is okay. The other promo sites were a waste of money.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks alhawke! I checked out Reading Deals and entered my info for the free listing. Nothing ventured, nothing gained!  ;D

kbamazonian; The genre for my books would be Horror (or Science Fiction, or Apocalyptic if that was an option) Horror and Science Fiction both cost $40 USD for a 99 cent promotion. That's the same as Book Sends and Robin Reads and only $10 more than Fussy Librarian. I also figure that it is slightly more expensive because they have a larger audience so more bang for the buck... But we'll see about that.

A past poster; You're not too late (running my countdown deal from Nov 26 - 30th). You're probably right about the top 2-3 being worth the investment. My impression (so far) of these sites is that they mainly cater to freebie hunters. Had to try something though!  :)

Thanks all for the feedback!

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
I'm running a countdown deal in the week before yours, with most of the same sites. (SF adventure).  I always thought a countdown deal could only be 5 days long, but it let me specify 7, so that's what I did. I avoided booking promos on the first and last day in case of hiccups with time zones and the like.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Past success with Fussy, Reading Deals, ENT and Robin Reads. I think I ran all these within three days of each other and got a mass of sales. Problem was, I wasn't quite sure who got the most clicks. I stacked too tight. But in other case, they did perform by themselves.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey chrisstevenson - I will check out Reading Deals since ENT declined my book (grumble - Why, ENT? WHY?)

OK, I'm over it.  :)

I now have the following lineup:
Fussy Librarian
Bargain Booksy
Book Doggy
Book Sends
Book Cave
Robin Reads
Book Angel

I hear you about it being difficult to track the results back to the site. Hence the somewhat wide coverage...

·
Registered
37 Posts
I also failed to receive the email with the confirmation code. Maybe a way to ensure no free listings are ever processed?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts