Kindle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow! According to an article by Lynn Serafinn I'm an Amazon Best Seller three times over - http://bit.ly/kindlebestseller - so why don't I feel like it - Lol.

I'd like a few more sales to go with it, please. It's a great thing to talk about, yet the reality is my total sales only make about 90 a month - not exactly best-selling material. I hardly think JK Rowling will be worried about me yet

·
Registered
492 Posts
While readers aren't dumb, if they don't know how a list is compiled, they will take it to mean something if it's presented that way.  Case in point: The New York Times Bestseller list.  If you don't know how this list is compiled, you would rightfully assume that it is a list of the bestselling books in a particular week.  Not true though.  I'm not about to go into the labyrinth of trying to explain the whole system (as much of it as I actually know, a lot of it is guarded double-dog top secret stuff), but the point is, there can be (and have been) books that outsell those on the NYT Bestseller list.  Frankly, these lists are kind of like awards.  Nice to get one, great to attach the honor to your name, but not really meaningful to one's soul.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts