Kindle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do most of you download classics from sources such as Feedbooks or do you download them from Amazon and pay a nominal price? 

Is there a difference between the Feedbooks edition (as to how it appears on the Kindle) and the Amazon Kindle editions that are not free? 

·
Registered
326 Posts
libro said:
Do most of you download classics from sources such as Feedbooks or do you download them from Amazon and pay a nominal price?

Is there a difference between the Feedbooks edition (as to how it appears on the Kindle) and the Amazon Kindle editions that are not free?
For me it depends on the author. If there are only one or two books im interested in i'll get them from Feedbooks or Manybooks but the ones i want to read several books from like Jules Verne, HG Wells, Mark Twain, Jack London etc, i buy their complete works books from amazon that only cost 4.79 and take up one line on your home screen.

Im not sure if theres much of a difference or not on single books but i have found that the complete works books have a TOC thats linked to every book but the formatting isnt quite as good. I mean the text is great but a chapter will end and the next line is the next chapter title and the next line the new chapter begins. It seems a little wierd at first but you get used to it. Somebody else can probly tell you better about single books. Thats the way i do it anyway.

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
I prefer to download from Amazon.  Amazon makes a little money to help defray the cost of Whispernet, KB makes a little money, and the benefit to me is the book is backed up on Amazon. 

Most of them seem to be under $1, so I don't mind paying. 

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
To me, it is a benefit that the ones from non-Amazon sources,  I can keep a copy on the pc, and not have it clutter up the Content Manager pages if I take it off the Kindle.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
I use the free sites.  If it's something I want to read right away, I'll look for it at feedbooks.com or mobileread.com, but if it's for the future, I like to get them from gutenberg.org and format them for myself.  This is mainly because I like to make them into collections, eg. all the works of Jane Austen in one volume.

·
Registered
12,255 Posts
I use the mobileread guide I have on the kindle. I can search for what I am looking for and then when I have found  it, I turn on Whispernet for a minute and download it.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Angela said:
I like freekindlebooks.org.
Angela -- Thanks. I like the looks of Feedbooks, too. I'll have to figure out how to download the classics when I receive my K2.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts