Kindle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All the coffee and Kindle talk inspired me to share regarding my very favorite method of making coffee: the Bialetti Moka Express machine. I have a Keurig set up both at home and at work. On weekends, when I have more time, I use my Baratza grinder and the Bialetti to make the best cup of "expresso" ever. I say "expresso" but, to me, it's really not. It's a hybrid/cross between expresso-french press-regular coffee.

It's really simple to use: Unscrew the bottom and add cold water to the line; pour or grind coffee into the filter (no tamping), pop the filter into the bottom of the pot; screw on the top and place it on a low/medium burner. As soon as it comes to a slow boil, turn off the burner and pour yourself a great cup of coffee. The coffee takes approximately 3 to 4 minutes to make and tastes fantastic.

It's simple to clean (rinse with water only....the pot becomes seasoned and the coffee gets better and better....also, disgard the very first pot you make as part of the seasoning) and the machine is available in a variety of sizes. I use the "six" cup size original machine which makes approximately one average size mug of coffee for me. I think the machine cost $25 a year or so ago. I am a Peet's fan from way back and buy Major Dickason's whole beans.

A link regarding the history of the Bialetti:

http://www.ineedcoffee.com/03/mokaexpress/

Amazon: Bialetti Moka Express 6-Cup Stovetop Percolator

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
I've had one for years and really liked mine. I don't really drink coffee anymore though. I've never heard of seasoning associated with this pot. Mine is still the same condition as when I bought it, but I always clean it right away.

Now I use this Bialetti Hot Chocolate Maker http://www.seriouseats.com/2008/12/williams-sonoma-and-bialettis-new-hot-chocolate-maker.html and just use chai concentrate and milk and whatever Torani syrups I feel like to flavor and make chai lattes. They are awesome. It's great at frothing the milk and I never go to Starbucks for chai lattes anymore. My 2 favorites are pumpkin pie and caramel. Of course it's awesome at making real hot chocolate too. I just shave some bittersweet chocolate from a bar and put it in with the milk and heats and froths it.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds delicious.  I just ordered and am going to give the Bialetti Mukka Express a try for milk based drinks such as lattes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts