Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
1,201 Posts

Photo taken of kildeer in my backyard. I have since fenced, planted grass and flowers and 2 trees. Kildeer love gravelly rocky ground to lay their eggs. My kildeer eggs never hatched. Something must have gotten them. I would take a step, then another photo, etc. Kept the last one I was able to get. Notice egg in the background.

ps I had totally forgotten how to put a photo in a post but worked my way through it.
Go Me!

· Registered
1,201 Posts
My new digital camera has a good zoom feature.  I know this because my 9  yr old great nephew showed me how to do it. :D  He took photos inside of a large lego star wars thing that he built.  oops off topic.  Maybe the lego set had a bird in it.

· Registered
1,201 Posts
Wow  vsch.  Great photo editing.  I don't know how you do that.

I love eastern bluebirds.  My friends tried to get them in their yard to no avail then looked in their newspaper delivery box and found a nest there.  I thought I had photos of this in my computer but guess I do not.

· Registered
1,201 Posts
Sorry Jeff, don't think I have any photos of the many many balloon animals, fruits etc. that I made.  If I can find two of the correct balloons I will try to recreate that baby for this thread. ;D

· Registered
1,201 Posts

Latex Hummingbird (Indiana species) on Coreopsis

A labor of love for my kindleboard friends. After 20 popped balloons (they are old and rotten) Looking for a pump, I used to do large parties from my lungs, a dog that will never speak to me again, and gust of wind that I could have had a video of bird in flight, etc etc etc.

· Registered
1,201 Posts
YVW Carol.   Not if she weighs more that 1/2 ounce Jeff.

The hummingbird is made from an apple balloon and therein is the beak.   The second balloon is a pencil balloon.  Tie the pencil and twist into a figure 8 then wrap around the apple balloon to leave a head and beak.

· Registered
1,201 Posts
It is a balloon to make apples.  A small oval with the stem.  In making it into an apple you push the long stem down into the oval part and twist and make a short stem.  Apples have worms and BIRDS like worms.

· Registered
1,201 Posts
Tippy said:
Dori, love your hummingbird. It is sooo colorful. How long did it take you to make him?
Took a long time. Find balloons, find pump, blow up, pop, blow up, pop, etc etc. However after having two blown up balloons in your hands it takes a few seconds to form the BIRD. ;D

· Registered
1,201 Posts
Brendan Carroll said:
My question is for Dori, the latex hummingbird maker, (please keep in mind that I've never spoken to a real clown before and it reminds of the first time I sat on Santa's lap and well... ) anyway, Dori, do you also make wiener dogs? ;D Just kidding.
In the day (ie a long time ago) I did indeed make weiner dogs, poodle dogs, horses, octopuses? sp , squirrels, turtles, giraffes, and many other animals plus fruits and a fruit basket.

I, too, am enjoying all of the "real" bird photos on this thread.What a treat. Better put this on the bump this day thread.

· Registered
1,201 Posts
The hummingbird is alive (not really) and well  with a magnet holding him in place on my refrigerator.  Sometimes the balloon creations last a week or two and go down very slowly; however these balloons are quite old so I don't expect more than a few days.  Today I had my 9 yr. old great nephew again and he was surprised to see that I had been making balloon toys and wondered who had been over here.  ;D

· Registered
1,201 Posts
TYVM  Yes I do remember you are the klown person.  My favorite age is whatever age Luke is.  ;D  We watched a few hummers at my feeder as we built a lego garage, workshop, parts store and 7 vehicles.  It was a delightful day.  I volunteer at his small Lutheran school so I am around the third graders a lot. 

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.